Chapter 18

"My eyes don't deceive me, it's really you! Hey hey! We meet again! You still remember me, right?" He said with a smile.

How could I forget you with that characteristic of yours? Hoarse voice, almond-colored eyes, and red hair.

Yep! There's no mistaking it, he's one of the capture targets, Arkanio. Congratulations for bumping into him! The most unlucky person awards now go to Lavenia. Yeah, I'm proud of it. Yay..

"Hm... I know that you remember me. After all, I'm the most handsome in this kingdom. People remember me because my charm." He brushed his hair back confidently.

Your confident creeping me! I got goosebumps!

By the way, where's your best friend? That uh...

"Reymond? He still has some patients."

I snap my fingers. Yes! Raymond! It turns out he's busy.

...

Uh... wait...

I looked at Arkanio with wide eyes. "Uhm... did I say it out loud...?"

He chuckled softly. "No, it's just that I can read minds." He puffed out his chest.

I gave him a flat look.

You think I'll believe it? The only one who can read minds is a mage, while you are a white knight! It's Impossible you can use spells.

He pinched his chin. "Hm.. it turns out you can't be fooled huh.. To be honest, you're very expressive, very easy to read. It's cute, I must say." He scanned me from head to toes.

...

Really? Oh, wait.. would you stop it?! You liar! I'm not that expressive you know!

He stifled a laugh. "For real, I'm serious. How dare this lowly subject lie to Damarius' sister and the only daughter in the Alfaret family. I could get hanged if I do that." He held his neck with both his hands.

...

Are you trying to be funny? If so, then you're failed. Try again with a better joke.

And if you want to be funny, don't pull out such a non sense. How could the Alfaret family punish the white knight for such a trivial matter?

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly. "It's not funny huh?"

I nodded my head with blank expression.

He fixed his posture. "Well, Lady Alfaret, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing, just a walk." I'm technically walking at the moment, so I'm not lying.

He raised one eyebrow. "Where's your escort?"

Uh... "I got separated.. lost.." I scratched my cheek which didn't itch.

"Wait, really?"

I averted my gaze.

"Hahaha! This is so funny!" He burst out laughing, making me pout my lips.

Do you want to die?! Double minus for you! 2 thumbs down!

He suppressed his laughter. "Ha.. ouch, my stomach hurts. Luckily there's no one around. I can't lose my handsome impression."

I looked at him with disdain.

What the.. you're a creep! With such personality like that you are far from handsome! Hmph!

"Ok ok, I can escort you to your mansion, but after I drop this off to Reymond, if that alright with you." He lifted a paper bag in front of my face which I don't know since when he held it.

Well, not a bad idea. Alright then, deal.

I nodded my head.

He flicked my forehead, making me hold my sore forehead.

Hey! What are you doing?! Why are you imitating Damarius?! Do you two have a hobby of flicking people's foreheads?!

"Sigh... you don't have any sense of vigilance do you?" He leveled his height with me and brought his face closer. "What if I'm a bad person? Does memory loss make you stupid?" He continued, making me irritated.

I pushed his face hard, making him wince in pain. "Ouch! What's that for?!"

I exhaled. Don't give me that painfull expression, I know it's not hurt. I know you have that title for nothing.

"For calling me stupid. Darius won't be friends with you if you're a bad person."

He was silent for a moment. "Hm.. how can you be sure? Can't you see he didn't care about me and Reymond? How can you be so sure if we're friends?"

...

Is this a test? Alright, open your ears and listen carefully.

"If you were a bad person, he would have kicked you out. But instead, he's just ignorant of your existence. Don't care doesn't mean hate or something. You just have no harm. Isn't this enough?"

Arkanio chuckled. "Well, I guess you're not stupid."

You're the stupid one! Shrimp brain! Hmph!

"Well then, come on! What are you waiting for?" He walked in front of me.

But after a few steps he stopped. He turned and looked at me, while me looked at his almond eyes.

"I'm afraid we'll get separated. It'll be troublesome later if you lost, considering you lost your escort before." He took my hand and walked in front of me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Well, at least you're caring, even though you're indirectly saying I'm troubling you and I'm that clumsy to lost my escort.

I let it be this once because you helped me.

Author Note:

Just informations:)

The ancient Greek language had two words for "time", chronos and kairos.

Chronos refers to "chronology" or "sequence of time". This is quantitative time. It refers to clock time. It measured by seconds, minutes, hours, months, and years.

Kairos denotes "between periods of time", during which an indeterminate "period of time" is defined as "something special" occurs. This is qualitative time. It measures moments. Usually this is once in a life time chance, you see.

Shrimp brain is slang of stupid people.