Chapter 17

Alastor stood up from his seat. "When you're done getting acquainted, I hope you'll give us both some privacy. We're here to talk about something very important and it's very secret." He put off his fake smile, replaced with a cold expression.

Algebrio, or I must say Alvanio, stared at me, ignoring Alastor who was currently looking very disturbed. "Hm.. If it's very important and secret you shouldn't talk about it in public. And this is a public place, a cafe where we can choose where we want to sit. Lady squirrel seems fine with my presence anyways." He put on a mocking smile.

Hey, I told you not to bring my name in. Can't you just go? If only you knew that you are currently inflaming the demon prince.

Alastor snorted. "Do as you like." he sat back down and supported his head with one hand. "Like I said, I know how to make the medicine. However, there is one ingredient that is very difficult to obtain. Kairos fruit."

Alvanio leaned over, seems interested. "Kairos fruit? Isn't that only in legend? It's not real."

I looked at Alastor who was uncomfortable with Alvanio's presence.

Well, there's nothing I can do.

Alastor snorted. "The fruit is real, I found it by chance a few years ago. The problem is I couldn't find it anymore, not even in that place."

Alvanio was silent, thinking about something. Then cut off Alastor who was about to speak. "Well, it's not called Kairos for no reason. But.. Are you sure it's Kairos fruit? It's not just similar right? What are its characteristics? Where did you find it?"

Alastor stared lazily at Alvanio. "What's the benefit of me giving you, who in fact is a foreigner, this very secret information?"

"Whatever you want, as long as it is as valuable as the information you provide." Said Alvanio arrogantly.

Alastor raised an eyebrow "Ha! I don't need anything. Stop hoping and get out of here."

"Hm.. Is that the only condition? I guess I can go now, and you can say it any time." Alvanio smiled, much to Alastor's annoyance.

I facepalm on the spot.

Here we go, cat and mouse fighting. I'd better talk, otherwise this cafe will be a mess.

"Uhm... Dryas?" Alastor looked at me, his face replaced with a smile.

Uh- your change in emotions and expressions is scaring me..

"So.. you just need the fruit, right?"

Alastor nodded. "The fruit is so rare that people think it only exists in legends. But I found it when it was growing in abundance. At first I thought it was a cherry tree, but because of it's different characteristics made me observe it." Alastor paused and seemed to be trying to remember something.

He then leaned over to look at me. "The color is blood red and the shape is small round with two leaves, the shape is like a reddish-green wing. The fruit can't be picked, it's really hard. When I was about to give up, suddenly five fruits just fell. I didn't pay attention to the strangeness because I was in a hurry, so I left. ."

Alastor frowned and held his forehead. "The next day the trees and fruit disappeared, there was only empty barren land there. I went there almost every day, but nothing. Until after a year, I began to rarely go there."

Alvanio glanced at me for a moment, then smiled. "Well, Lady Squirrel, scary chef, I have to go now. Thanks for the informations! See you later!"

Before I can answer him, he became transparent and disappeared.

Ok, I'm used to weird stuff now, so I'm not surprised.

Alastor snorted. "Such an impolite guy."

I sweat drop on the spot. "Dryas.. is it okay if he hears this information?"

Our chance is very small, and it's getting thinner with him knowing about this

He shrugged his shoulders. "After all, wether he believe it or not, he's not going to find it. I didn't tell him the location of the tree."

Well, you're right. I just hope he wouldn't send some spy to follow us.

One of Alastor's worker walked over to Alastor and whispered in his ear.

Alastor's eyes widened, then he got up. "Lady, I'm sorry. I have to go now, I have urgent business. We don't have a carriage due to low finances, but my workers can take you home if you want."

...

What kind of prince doesn't have a carriage? And moreover, you're poor? Is this a joke?

Ah.. I forgot, you're disguised as a commoner.

"I don't mind. See you soon, Dryas." I give him my best smile.

He smiled. "See you, cute little lady." He entered a room where he came earlier.

The worker walked in front of me. I followed her and start to lost in thought.

The Kairos Fruit... was named like that because people thought it could only be found once by luck. Though it's easy to find it.

The developer says that it's real name is Chronos, not Kairos. Because this fruit can be found every year when the full moon appears. We can get it fruits if we cry, and give the tree our tears.

Alastor got the fruits means he's crying.. well, who wouldn't cry if the most important person in your life is sick and dying.

...

Would Lavenia's family be sad to know that Lavenia had gone and was replaced by a stranger's soul?

Now I feel guilty! And I have no one to hear my story! They will think I'm crazy!

A tap on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. I realized that Alastor's worker wasn't in front of me.

I turned my heels and found a person I had met once.

What a great luck that Lavenia have..