Chapter 20

"We have arrived." Said the coachman.

Finally! Carriage is very uncomfortable! I want rubber tires, not wooden tires! Why did I transmigrated to a time before rubber tires were made..

Arkanio got down first and stretched out his hand with a smile. "Are you all right, Lady Alfaret?"

I took his hand and walked down from the carriage. "I'm fine." I guess...

Wait.. Lady Alfaret? Didn't you just called me Lania back then? What's wrong with you?

I looked at Arkanio with furrowed brows.

Arkanio looked back at me. "Is something wrong, Lady?"

I broke our eye contact. "No, nothing. Thanks for dropping me off. Do you want to stop by?"

I'm offering you out of courtesy ok? So you mu- can refuse

Before I could hear the answer, a familiar voice called out to me. "Lady Lavenia! Where have you been? You're making us worried." I saw the owner of the voice in front of me with a worried face and sweat dripping.

I smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, Helios. I was just looking for some fresh air earlier."

Helios looked at me then sighed. "All right. I hope you tell me and bring at least some of your bodyguards. What if something happens while you're walking alone? You can't roam around without a bodyguard." I nod

Yes, mom. Next time if I don't sneak out I'll definitely bring a bodyguard.

Helios looked at Arkanio, returned with a smile and a wave. "Helios, where's Damarius?"

Helios bowed slightly. "Greetings, young master Angelos. There is a little commotion inside right now, young master Damarius is currently dealing with it."

I furrowed my brows. "A commotion? What's going on inside?"

Helios stand straight and looked at me hesitantly. "Just someone who is shameless."

I grabbed Helios' hand, making him stunned. "Helios, speak clearly. What's going on?"

He looked at the hand I was holding. "Two unfamiliar women came and claimed to be Duke Alfaret's wife and daughter."

I widened my eyes.

Now? You mean, currently in the Alfaret residence there is the heroine and her mother? Currently?! Wait, I'm not ready to start this real life game yet!

I fell and held my chest, feeling excruciating pain suddenly attack. My head felt heavy, and my ears buzzed.

Ugh... my head... my chest hurts...

"Hey wa...et it.."

"..dy Lave... st.."

I faintly hear Arkanio and Helios' voices

Ugh! This illness is very troublesome! Even breathing hurts! What kind of setting is this?! Isn't there a cheat for this?!

I closed my eyes, trying to endure the excruciating pain.

Ok, calm down Melina. Hold on, it's just a moment. It will get better soon.

I opened my eyes when I felt my body float.

I saw Arkanio carrying me bridal style and walking into the mansion.

Uh? What? What's going on?

I turned my gaze to Helios who was walking behind Arkanio. I looked at him over Arkanio's shoulder.

Helios walked over with a puzzled expression and looking down. When he looked up, his gaze was fixed on mine.

I gave Helios a small smile since the pain I was feeling had lessened. "Lady Lavenia! Are you okay?! Is something hurts?! Ah.. what should I do." Helios whispered at the end of his sentence which I can still hear.

I looked at Arkanio walking with a stern face that I've never seen.

...he's handsome when he's serious- I never thought of that.

I tapped Arkanio's shoulder, making him look at me, still walking. "Conscious? You need something?" He smiled.

"Can you put me down? I can walk now." I scratched my cheek.

Really, I feel uncomfortable being carried by someone. Even though they are handsome they are still uncomfortable.

Arkanio ignored me and continued walking.

Hey, I said put me down. Didn't you hear me?

I was about to raise my voice when I heard a commotion behind the large door in front of us, on the right.

We- Arkanio and Helios walked closer to the sound and stopped right in front of the door.

The guard that guarding the large door opened the door, revealing a very messy room.

The curtains were torn, the table split in two, and the chairs shattered.

Jars and statues were broken, and other decorations were also damaged.

OK, what's going on here? If I'm not mistaken, this is suppose to be the living room.

Are there monsters or earthquakes? Wait, earthquake can't tear the curtains. Is it monsters?

"Lania?" Vasilius' voice made everyone in the room turn towards me.

I looked at Vasilius who was leaning against the wall. "Uh.. hello? What's going on here?"

Vasilius walked quickly towards me. "What happened to you? Hey you, rock head! Put my sister down!"

Arkanio snorted. "Evil! I'm only playing the role of a knight here! You should thank this handsome knight!"

Arkanio put me down slowly, with Helios helping me to stand.

Vasilius cupped my face and turned it left and right, then checked my hands and feet.

Vasilius crossed his arms. "Good, no wound. Now, someone mind to explain what happened?"

"My apologies, it was my fault. Because of my negligence, Lady Lavenia's illness relapse. By no means-" Helios' voice was cut off by a woman's voice.

"Just because that girl you rejected us?! She's just a sick troublemaker who's about to die! She'll die in this year!" The woman sits on the floor with disheveled hair.

Well, I know I'm terminally ill. And I suppose to die this year, but don't expose it like that.

Luckily the real Lavenia didn't hear it, otherwise she might have slapped you.

Honestly, I'm going to rip your careless mouth out if you say bad things about me. You're lucky you didn't do that.

Suddenly the woman is lifted up in the air, holding her own neck. "What is th-is?! Let me- go!" She struggled in the air.

I look around and saw Damarius who raised his hand like he was strangling someone.

He looks very angry. His jet-black irises were sharp, giving me goosebumps.

Someone stop Damarius! Where is Duke Alfaret?!

I look around and nothing! There's no sign of Duke Alfaret here. There are only maids.

Oh wait, who is that?

A girl with waist-length green hair and bangs covering her eyes sat on her knees in front of Damarius.

"Please put my mother down.. forgive her for speaking so carelessly. Please forgive my mother."

No need to ask. Of course, she's the heroine of this game.

Should I help? But I don't want to get involved. But she will die if I leave it alone!

What should I do?!