Chapter 24

Now, in the dining room it's just me and Reymond. He sits across from me.

I sat quietly and looked at Reymond who was enjoying the tea prepared by the maids.

After he finished, he took off his glasses. His green lime eyes stared at me.

Ok, this is getting awkward.

I decided to open my voice. "Uhm.. so, is it true that you found a way to cure this illness?"

He looked around, then back at me and placed his intertwined hands on the table. "You could say so. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

He paused his sentence. "Be honest, You don't have memory loss, do you??"

Wait, what? What does this have to do with memory loss? And how did he know..? Is this just a guess..?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked with a confused expression.

Reymond narrowed his eyes. "Please stop acting. You're making me suspicious of you even more.

What's your real purpose by pretending to have memory loss? Does this have anything to do with the crown prince? What are you trying to hide?"

I fell silent.

...

Should I be honest? But-

"Ah, and don't try to lie, I've created a tool that can detect the lies you're telling." Reymond placed a very small box on the table between us.

Wait, I've never heard of him inventing anything other than that medical device...

"If you think I'm lying then you can test it yourself." Reymond looked at me with serious expression.

...ok

"I like Reymond." I said without feeling.

Suddenly a hologram marked 'x' emanated from the box.

Wow, unbelievable... I think he should be a designer and create modern tools. But he already likes medical things, though it's not that bad to have 2 job.

I nod to myself.

I looked at Reymond who was silent, lost in thought.

What is he daydreaming about..?

Forget it, it's none of my business.

I looked at the small box in front of me.

Wouldn't this tool make it easier for me to explain my situation?

Well, whether he believed it or not. The worst thing that can happen is that he thinks I'm crazy, and that's fine by me.

Alright! I've decided that I would tell him about my circumstance.

I took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. "Okay, I'll tell you the truth."

Reymond flinched and looked at me.

He fixed his sitting posture. "Go ahead. Ah, right! Be careful, if you lie three times, this device will electrocute you. Even if the voltage isn't that great, it can make you feel excruciating pain."

Like a lie detector in my world.. but the shock of this tool seems more hurt...

I've got a goosebump. Not that I try to lie, but my guts tells me that it'll be painful.

And about the tool, at this point I wouldn't ask questions like 'how come? I didn't even touch it but it can electrocute me?' Because the answer is definitely magic.

I tilted my head, closing my eyes. "Hm... where should I start?"

"I want to know why you pretended to have memory loss." He said, curiously.

I opened my eyes and looked at him with serious look. "Okay. But, just for your information, I never said I have memory loss. They assume and I didn't deny."

He frowned. "Why not?"

I raised my cup of tea, looking at my reflection. "Because I know nothing about this world."

I paused for a moment, then looked into his green lime eyes. "Because I'm not Lavenia. I'm just someone from another world who took over Lavenia's body after experiencing death." I sighed, putting my cup back down.

Ah... I said it...

My words made Reymond stare at me in disbelief. He stared at the box on the table which didn't show any reaction.

Of course, because I'm not lying.

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Wait... so you're saying you're a person from another world? That's most likely impossible."

He stiffened for a moment, then looked at me. "If you took over Lady Alfaret's body, then where is her soul now?"

Good question. The problem is, I'm not a god nor an angel nor anything, so don't ask me.

"I met them before I entered this body. And to answer your question, I don't know where they are right now. Last time we talk, they turned into lights." I put my hands on the table and rested my head.

Reymond wore a confused expression. "Met them? Who are they?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Lavenia of course, who else if not her? I met the little kid and the teenager version of her. My role here is only to grant their wish." I fell silent.

My gaze went to my cup which was still full of tea. "I don't know why I was able to possess Lavenia's body, but by granting Lavenia's wish, I hope I can return to my world."

Reymond keep his mouth shut, staring at me with an expression I couldn't decipher.

Well, maybe he thought I was crazy.

Anyways... Since I've told you my little secret, can I vent a little? There's no one here to talk to about this, you see.

"It's sad isn't it?" I chuckled.

"Even though I already knew that I was dead, and there was no possibility that I would still be alive after I fell off that cliff. But I still have a lot of things I want to do... I really wish I could come back..."

I feel my eyes start to feel hot. "I also haven't apologized to my parents after fighting with them... Maybe this is my punishment for being a disobedient child." I smiled sadly.

"I was already planning to apologize... my thought was 'It's alright, my parents will forgive me like usual, and we will go back to joking around as usual and be in a good term again'.

Sigh... if I think about it again, my parents were really kind and really understand me. They are the most ideal parents in my world." I smiled with sorrow.

"And even though my brother is lousy and unreliable, he's always there when I need someone to lean on. My family is very precious to me.." I looked down.

"And remembering the fact that I'm now separated from them makes me sad. The fact that I can't see them anymore, can't feel their warmth, and not be able to talk to them, makes me... sigh... I don't know... it's really complicated to explain it..."

I felt a tear fall from my eye. I wiped it with the back of my hand, but my tears are falling more and more.

Ugh, I feel like a crybaby... I'm embarassed...