Chapter 15

As I said to Alastor yesterday, I'm currently heading to his cafe. Of course without my family's permission, because it was clear they wouldn't let me out.

Well, they'd definitely scold me if they found out I sneaked out of the house.

But that's a problem for later if I get caught. Now I have a bigger problem.

I'M LOST!!!

Damn, I should have brought a maid or guard. Ugh! What should I do? Now I'm in a dark narrow alley.

I swear! I'm afraid of the dark! Omg! I'm not afraid of anything but darkness! Somebody! Help me!!

I sat down, my back facing the wall. I hid my face in the folds of my hands that I put on my knees.

I want to cry! Mom! Dad! Help me! Uwah! I don't like this! I-

"Oi! What are you doing there?"

The voice from above made me lift my head.

There was a man with a sharp jaw, a sharp nose, navy hair with black on the tip. Don't forget his gray eyes. He wears a brown suit with long gray brown cloak. And there's a black cat-shaped mask around his eyes.

Gray eyes.. so cool! I mean, his gray iris' shiny and sharp! Not scary at all! Somehow the gleam of his irises separated from his sclera.

He jumps down, makes me startled and stands, prepare to fight if he attacks me.

I used to take self-defense lessons because my parents told me to, even though it was only for a short time..

But more importantly, he just jumped off a 5 meter wall like nothing!

"Oi! Are you deaf? Or a foreigner? Hm.. I think I can speak some foreign languages. Where did you come from?"

...what?

"Hm.. not this? Hey, you're new here?" He continued, making me more confused.

"No? Neither those? Are you from another country?" He asked in a different tone which I was sure was speaking a foreign language. But strangely I understand everything he said.

Should I ask him for help? He looks smart, and uh- a little impolite. But it's better to ask for help than to stay in this dark place. After all, what's the worst thing that could happen?

I looked at him who was thinking about something with a thinking pose. "Uhm.. I'm lost, do you know the way to the famous cafe in the corner of this duchy?"

He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. "Oh? I thought you were a foreigner. Your appearance and posture look like that of a noble girl. Where are your maids and guards?"

I scratched my non-itchy cheek and avoided eye contact with him. "Uhm.. I got separated?"

"Pft- you expect me to trust you with that kind of act? Hm.. Judging from your appearance you must have run away from home right?"

Ugh! I really suck at lying, I know that! But how did you know I ran away? I mean I'm not actually run away, but I just sneaked out!

"I didn't! I didn't run away! And! And I took them with me but got separated!" I raise my voice, still avoiding eye contact.

Hey! You have no proof I didn't bring them!

He chuckled. "So, it's either sneak out or run away. If you didn't run away or sneak out, why is your hair in such an untidy ponytail? Look at your appearance too. And there's no way you could part from your guard, only childrens or idiots could be separated from their guardians on a quiet day like this. Don't tell me you're actually idiot."

His words made me look into his eyes sharply. You think you're a detective? "If I'm idiot then what are you? Stupid unemployment who likes to annoy people, and now stupidly talks to idiot." I roll my eyes.

"Hey hey, that's outrageous you know! Is there a smart people that looks like an idiot? Do smart people like me look stupid?" he combed his bangs.

There is one, it's you! "Sigh.. If you don't want to help me, then go away! Don't bother me."

"Huh? Wait a minute.. You're asking me for help?" He pointed to himself.

No, I ask the mosquito for help. Of course I'm asking you! Is there anyone here besides me and you?

Sigh.. Chill Melina.. Chill..

I forced my smile. "I'm ASKING. Do you know the way to the cafe around the corner from this duchy?" I repeat my question.

"Do I know? Of course! Let alone this duchy, I know everything within this kingdom!" He said with confidence.

"Then, can you help me?" My smile fades.

"Hm.. sure. But what will I get? You expect me to gain nothing?" He cupped my chin and brought his face closer, smirking.

That makes me annoyed, you block head!

I slapped his hand roughly. "Don't you dare to act like this to me or I'll cut your hands." I looked at him intently and put on a stance.

You think I'm scared? Hmph! Come forward if you dare! I'll break your hands!

"Pft- hahahaha! You're really interesting and totally different. Alright, let's go. I happen to be heading there. Still, you must treat me cake in return." He smiled then walked ahead of me.

I looked at his back which was getting further away.

What do you mean interesting and different? Aren't you the one that fit those word? Your hair, your eyes, your costume, even your voice is so attractive. If only you weren't annoying I would definitely admire you.

But... I think I'm familiar with that mask... have I seen him? But where..?

"Oi! Are you coming or not?!" He looked at me over his shoulder.

Geez, forget it. I better follow him now. After all, if he tricked me, I'll beat him to a pulp and make him regret it.

"Wait for me!"