Chapter 36

Sigh... I just want to enjoy Alastor's cake! Is it wrong?!

Alastor put on his typical fake smile. "Hey, I helped you exorcise those five demons. Is this how you thank me?"

"To me, it's more like you're the one who made them come here." Vasilius tightened his grip. "Stop with this chit chat. What is your purpose in coming to this dukedom?"

I could see for a moment that the corner of Alastor's lips twitched. "Could you lower your sword first?"

Vasilius was silent.

Alastor who seemed to have run out of patience removed his fake smile. He gripped the blade of the sword, making his hand bleed.

"Indeed, it's difficult to talk to humans. You can't tell which one is bad or good."

He pulled the sword from Vasilius' hand and threw it randomly. "If I had evil intentions, I would have burned you down together with those trash."

I glanced at Vasilius from the side. He seemed to be struggling with his thoughts before finally letting out a sigh. "We don't have a choice, do we?"

Alastor shrugged his shoulders. "Apparently?"

Vasilius glanced at me for a moment. "Okay, I'll listen."

Alastor's fake smile returned. "Good th-" His words were cut off when a light scratched his cheek.

Suddenly my body was pulled back along with Vasilius who was still holding my hand.

When my feet hit the ground I lifted my head and saw a figure with violet hair.

"Really troublesome... close your eyes." Damarius' voice sounded faint.

I closed my eyes and a few seconds later I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I open my eyes slowly.

I saw Alastor wincing in pain while rubbing his eyes.

Damarius looked at me and Vasilius in turn. You can clearly see a few beads of sweat running down his forehead. If you look closely, you can see some scratches on his face.

He put his hands on our shoulder. "I can't use teleportation magic after facing some black magicians. Take this and run out with Lania, I'll catch up." He handed me a small square blue pin.

Wait, Alastor has no malice intent-

"Make sure you don't get hurt." Vasilius grabbed my hand and ran out of the cafe.

"Tch, you guys are just like those damn demons. Stop where you guys are! I just want to talk!"
Alastor summons 2 demon dolls, which are his minions. "Catch them both." Alastor's voice sounded heavier than usual.

One of them held my hand but was immediately scalded when the pin glowed.

Vasilius pulled my hand to keep me running. I looked back to see Alastor who looked even angrier.

I, who had digested what had happened, tried to stop Vasilius. "Wait a minute! Valius! Please listen to Dryas first!"

Ugh! Why is it so complicated? You guys make it complicated!

"Are you sure you want to trust that demon?"

"But-" Vasilius stopped running, making me look at him in surprise.

"Damn.. at a time like this.. demons are indeed a sign of trouble." he monologued to himself.

I glanced at Vasilius' gaze. At the end of the hall there are 3 demons staring at us.