Chapter 23

"So?" I glanced at Edelyn who was standing still.

Edelyn looked down. "I'm sorry..." she said quietly.

There was a pause before Edelyn's mother spoke with a high tone. "So-sorry!"

She looked at me over her shoulder. "Satisfied?!"

I roll my eyes lazily.

What kind of apology is that? There is no sincerity at all. Well, at least she's smart enough to choose to lower her self-esteem.

I look at the maids. "What do you all think?"

They fell silent and looked at each other.

One of the maids who had bruises all over her body spoke up. "Pardon me. To be honest, I am- no, we are not satisfied with a half-hearted apology." I smirked.

Oh? What's this? Brave enough.

I lowered my sword. "Then? What should they do?"

She stared intently at Edelyn's mother. "I want her to get the punishment she deserves."

I hold my chin. "So, you want them to get punishment?"

The maid lowered her head. "Yes." The other maids nodded their heads.

I stood in front of Edelyn and her mother and look at them with a smile. "You heard them, right? Then I've decided, both of you will be maids in this mansion until father comes."

I looked at the sword I was holding and rubbed it with my handkerchief.

Edelyn's mother gaped. "WHAT?! NO! HOW DARE YOU?! I DON'T WANT TO BE A MERE MAID! I DON'T LIKE IT!" She furrowed her eyebrows.

Sigh... This woman is really troublesome..

I have many questions for the developers that made this game.

One of it, why is heroine's mother set up with a character like this? This type of person included in the 'very troublesome peoples' category...

Sigh... why do I have to deal with her... damn you developer!

I glanced at Edelyn's mother lazily. "Was there anyone who likes being punished? whether you like it or not, punishment must be done. Don't you understand basic things like that?"

Edelyn's mother took a step forward with stomping feet and chest puffed out. "I will be the duchess here! How dare you embarrass me in my residence!"

I sighed then pointed my sword at her. "Hey, stop this nonsense about being a duchess. Right now you're not a duchess, but a weirdo who's acting haughty.

Have you ever thought about the possibility of father rejecting you? And don't forget the fact that I can eliminate you here at any moment.

Actually, being a maid for a few days isn't enough to make up for the wounds you inflicted on our people.

However, since there is a possibility that girl's actually father's daughter, then that punishment seems to be enough. Now, can you do the light punishment I gave you?"

Edelyn's mother swallowed her saliva hard and gritted her teeth. She clenched her fists with sweat on her forehead.

Silence, no response from either of them.

I drew closer to the sword I was leaning towards the heart. "Hey, if people ask, you should answer. You can do the punishment, right?"

Edelyn spoke. "W-we can. Please spare us." She bent down.

Edelyn's mother stared at me silently. I'm sure she cursed me in her head.

I lowered my sword and smiled. "Good! You can start right now! You can clean up from there-" I pointed to the right corner of the room. "To there." I pointed to the left corner of the room.