Chapter 48

Sigh... Lavenia does have a temper...

How unlucky I am, possessing the body of a villainess. And now I have to white-wash her name.

I was surprised when Arkanio suddenly slam the table.

"Oh! I remember now! She was fierce when we first met her. Even though it's true that I found it by coincidence."

"Aha... sorry for accusing you at that time..." I said awkwardly.

Arkanio crossed his arms and tilted his head. "Well... I, too, am sorry for breaking your favorite earring. I got emotional when Rey was hurt. By the way, how valuable are your earrings?"

...how would I know?! I'm not Lavenia just so you know!

Reymond cleared his throat and change the topic. "After telling you this story, I believe that marquess' memory aren't that bad and he understands the etiquette that everyone knows."

Alvanio chuckled. "That's interesting. Lady Alfaret always seems to have a temper whenever she meets someone."

Lavenia is! I'm not, okay?!

Alvanio also told them about our first meeting.

Sigh... So embarrassing...

Arkanio suddenly laughed, making me frown.

"I also met her once when she was lost. Lania, was your sense of dirrection that poor?"

...I want to shoot your redhead like a dot on a dart board...

"Arka, mind your ethics."

Look at him, his words and expressions of holding back laughter are so incongruous.

Alvanio, who also enjoyed making fun of me, suddenly stopped laughing.

"I didn't know that there were scout flies here... Excuse me, lady, could you stand up for a moment?"

I stood according to his instructions. Then Alvanio squatted down and reached under the sofa where I had been sitting with one hand.

He sat back in his place and placed a small, black, round object.

Ok, what the heck is that? And how do you know it's there?

"You can take a seat again, Lady Alfaret."

Reymond took the strange object and examined it. "There's no mistaking it, this is a voice recorder. How did you notice that, marquess?"

My question exactly.

Alvanio ate the pastries and answered casually. "I don't know, maybe because my instincts are as sharp as rumored."

...Seriously?

"Rey! Isn't this thing your unfinished creation?!"

"I lost one a few days ago, and it wasn't perfect like this."

"So you're saying someone stole and...
perfected your prototype?"

"That's a possibility..."

Uhm... Is that possible? Who can match Reymond's intelligence..?

I glanced at Alvanio who was still eating snacks at the table.

Hm... There's no way it's Alvanio. Why would he leak this if he was the perpetrator?

"I saw this being sold on the black market."

Alvanio's words made the three of us look at him.

"The shop that just opened sold a total of 3 of these items. At that time someone asked and bought them all."