Chapter 33

Hm? What's this..?

A soft pat on my head made me open my eyes.

I looked at Vasilius who was sitting beside the bed I was sleeping on. He was wearing casual clothes and his hair was a little messy. He then stopped patting my head.

Vasilius smiled gently. "Hey, are you feeling better?"

Ugh! Either because I just woke up or because Vasilius' charisma is so gentle in my eyes...

I sat up and looked around, realizing that I was now in Vasilius' room.

Ah.. I forgot that my room is here now..

I looked at Vasilius with a small smile. "I'm fine."

He looked at me for a moment. "That's a relief. You worried me when Helios reported to me that you had a relapse." He let out a sigh of relief.

Sigh... you really are a caring brother, very different from my brother in my world.

"No need to worry, the pain is not much. And again it's only a few minutes" I said with a little lie.

He glared at me. "Last time I saw it, it looked so painful that it knocked you unconscious."

...

it can't be counted because that day a lot of things happened...

Vasilius sighed. "Can you walk? It's time for dinner."

I furrowed my brow and pouted. "Of course I can."

What kind of illness do you think it is that I can't walk?

"In that case, good." Vasilius stood up. "Come on, Darius's been waiting. Oh, and dad's will be home in a minute."

I looked at Vasilius with a furrowed brow. "Father?" I got off the bed, helped by Vasilius.

"Yeah, he knew about the commotion in the mansion while he was away and decided to head home soon." Vasilius sighed. I fell silent.

Wow.. it seems that my sighing record was beaten by Vasilius..

The two of us walked to the dining room with some small talk, sometimes exchanging jokes.

When we arrived at the front door of the dining room. The guards opened the dining room door, revealing Damarius who was sitting on the right side of the far corner table reading a book in his hand.

I stepped inside and sat across from Damarius, making him take his attention away from his book.

"Darius, dad hasn't arrived yet?" Vasilius sat down beside me.

 Damarius shook his head. At the same time, the dining room door opened. Duke Alfaret came in a suit that made him look still dashing.

He walked to the very end of the chair—next to Damarius and me—and sat down silently.

Awkward! They were all silent! I feel like sitting together with 3 statues..

Before long, the silence was broken when the servants arrived. They serve all kinds of food.

"DARLING!" A booming call made us all look at the culprit.

There's a green-haired woman in a maid outfit ran towards Duke Alfaret and clung to his hand.

"Darling! Look! I'm treated like a maid in your absence! Look how sassy they are behind your back!" The woman glared at me, making me glare back at her.

What? You want to fight? Come to me! I'll greet your face with my fist! Hmph!

"Ha! Look at this girl who doesn't know manners! Darling! Do you know, she has pointed a sword at me and your daughter! Punish her!" The shameless woman let out crocodile tears, making me roll my eyes.

"She's shameless." Vasilius muttered.

I glanced at Vasilius out of the corner of my eye. He sat there with a straight face and ate elegantly as if nothing happening.

I sometimes think that Vasilius looks like an adult, even though he's only 16 years old. I think this is the result of training to become Alfaret's successor.

I looked at Damarius who stopped eating his meal. He's staring at the woman with a glint of hatred in his eyes.

Sigh... I hope the incident where he strangled that woman will not happen again.

Now I looked at Duke Alfaret. He looked at the heroine- Edelyn, with intimidating look. Edelyn who was being looked at like that, lowered her head, tightly hugging the tray she was holding.

"Darling... Why are you ignoring me? You don't love me anymore?" The woman shook Duke Alfaret's arm, still with crocodile tears flowing.

Ok, this woman is really crazy. I really don't believe Duke Alfaret ever loved her in the past.

I stared at the woman for a moment boredly, then continued my meal.

But before I could put the spoon filled with food into my mouth, suddenly an impudent hand slapped my hand causing the spoon I was using to fall.

I frowned, looking at the culprit who was snorting haughtily.

"You sick girl! You shouldn't be enjoying this food after what you've done!" The woman was about to splash me with a glass of water that was supposed to be my drink, and I was about to hold her hand. But suddenly the woman's hand turned towards herself, causing the water to spill over her head.

The woman widened her eyes. "WHAT'S THIS?!"Spontaneously I looked at Damarius who gave off a bad air. His sharp gaze gave me goosebumps.

Vasilius snorted in annoyance. "Dad, you have to take care of your problem with this shameless woman. And you should be aware not to involve us in this matter, especially Lania. You were the one who caused this annoying woman to come, but we were the ones affected. It was very annoying."

Duke Alfaret sighed then stood up. "Stop all your drama, Oleracea. You're making things worse."

...Oleracea? Pft- Sorry but my mind suddenly went to the Latin word of broccoli! Help! It's too funny!

I looked down, trying not to burst out laughing.

"Icarius! You should have defended me and punished these brats!"

I immediately looked at the woman in annoyance.

Who are you calling brats you broccoli! Wait... Icarius? Is that Duke Alfaret's name?

"Enough. Tell me what do you want from me." Duke Alfaret stared at the woman with an intimidating gaze, causing the woman to stop her pretentious actions.

"I want you to accept Edelyn and me as members of your family." The woman's words that were to the point, made me furrow my brows at the thought of how shameless this woman can be.

"Can't do." Duke Alfaret sat back down.

"WHAT?! You can't do that, darling! You have to take responsibility for Edelyn!" The woman stomped her foot.

"Sure, I'll be responsible. I'll acknowledge Edelyn as a member of my family-"

BANG!

Duke Alfaret's words were cut off by Damarius who pounded the table. "I don't agree."

...Damn, I need popcorn! Watching the drama live is really interesting!