Chapter 19

I stared at the white building in front of me. The size is very large compared to the clinic in general. I could say this is a wide two-storey house.

It's big! So big!

"This... is the place?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Hm? Yes, why?"

"...no, forget it."

He was silent for a moment. "Ah, are you surprised by the size?"

Ok, stop guessing what's in my head correctly! It's starting to scare me.

He stepped in, with me behind him. I saw that it was filled with commoners.

Well, it's obvious. Nobles won't bother going out. Just call and tadaa.. The doctor comes, yay.. it's quite practical..

"Hm... believe it or not, Rey got this building as a gift from the emperor."

His words made me nod.

A gift from the emperor? Well, that explains the size.

"At first, the emperor wanted to provide a simple building. But Reymond refused and asked for this small building. It's a pity, isn't it?" He shook his head.

...

Small.. yeah, this is small!

Ok! What do you mean by small?! This building is small? Then how big is that simple?! My past house not even this big! Am I a commoner then?!

We stop in front of a brown door. Arkanio opened the door loudly, taking me by surprise. "Hey hey! A handsome knight has come to the resc-" His words were cut off by a book that was about to hit his head.

Wow.. he caught it! Cool! I clapped in my head.

Arkanio smirked. "Ha! Do you think this could hit me?" He waved his book.

I saw Reymond sitting at his desk with a troubled expression on his face. His hands were intertwined on the table.

"Can you be quiet? This is a clinic where there are so many sick peoples. Some of them are resting, you idiot." He glared at Arkanio sharply.

"And I've warned you more than a hundred times! Knock on the door first before you enter." he continued with emphasis at the end of the sentence.

...he's scary- Hey! Hurry up and say you're sorry!

"But Rey should be the one getting scolding! Rey threw Arka with a book! Arka's hand hurts huhu.." Arkanio said in a disgusting tone, pretend to cry.

Reymond looked at him disdainfully then pinched the bridge of his nose.

Ah... I feel sorry for Reymond. I hope he won't have high blood pressure.

"Stop playing around and give-" he looks at me and stands up. He then walked towards me.

"Lady Alfaret? What are you doing here? Did Arkanio kidnap you here?" He pushed Arkanio and led me to a sofa.

I saw Arkanio pouting. "I'm not a kidnapper! Why would I kidnap people?"

Reymond shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows." He sat across from me.

"Hey! You're really mean to me!" Arkanio folded his arms and sat next to me.

"What are you doing?" Reymond frowned.

"What? Can't you see? I'm sitting. I prefer to sit next to the good Lady Alfaret, rather than next to you who have been mean to me." Arkanio looked to the side with his arms folded, like a sulking child.

Sigh.. why do you all like to carry my name..

Reymond looked at me which I returned with a small smile.

He sighed. "Okay. Would you like to check up, Lady? Is something hurts? Are you coughing up blood again? I haven't found a cure but I can give you some painkiller."

Uh- slowly.. not all three. And I already know the cure, but can't tell you. Sorry, Raymond! Maybe later.

I scratched my cheek which didn't itch. "Uhm.. I'm lost.."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Come again?"

...I'm embarassed for real!

Arkanio spoke up. "I found her on the street. She got separated from her escort. After this, I intend to take her back."

"Ah.. so it's like that. Well then, escort Lady Alfaret safely now. Don't waste time. They'll get worried."

Arkanio got up. "Very well. Come on, Lady." He stretched out his hand.

I took his hand and stood up. I looked at Reymond who rose from his seat.

"Thank you. Uhm.. could you tell me your name?" I tilted my head.

"Ah.. sorry for my impudence. My name is Reymond Grigory." He bent 45°.

Arkanio brought his face closer and pointed at his face, while his hand still intertwined with mine. "My name is Arkanio Angelos, just call me Arka." He smiled eye to eye , showing his neat white teeth.

"Ouch!" A sofa cushion hit Arkanio's head. He rubbed his head and pouted his lips. "What is that for?"

"Keep your distance. Do you want to get hanged by Alfaret's family?" Reymond furrowed his brows.

"I'm just trying to be friendly... sob.." he said, pretending to cry, making Reymond sigh.

"Uhm.. nice to meet you, just call me Lania." I smiled widely.

Reymond was about to speak but was cut off by Arkanio. "Okay! The introduction is over! Come on, Lania! Let's go home~" he grabbed and pulled me.

I looked back. "See you uh- doctor Grigory." I scratched my cheek.

Before he could respond Arkanio closed the door and led me out with a big smile.

He calls someone and tells him to take a carriage. A few moments later they came with simple carriage.

We ride without exchanging words. He sat across from me, staring out with smile. Sometimes he take a glance of me.

Awkward!! Hey! What are you doing?! What are you thinking?! Stop pretend looking out the window!

He glanced at me and I looked back at him.

Now he positioned himself with his legs crossed and his head resting on his hands against the window. He looked at me with a smile.

I sweat drop on the spot.

...what?

I raised my eyebrow. He was still silent.

What???

I furrowed my brow. He smiled wider.

Say it! What?! Ugh! Don't stare at me in silence! You're making me even more awkward!

Ok, let's speak. "What is it?"

"Hm.. nothing." He winked.

Come on!

I turned my gaze to the side, slightly pursed my lips.

Sigh... hopefully this trip doesn't take long.