Chapter 26

Sigh... troublesome situations like this are what I hate the most, when I feel guilty even though I haven't done anything that makes me guilty. 

"Helios..." I tried to grab Helios' shoulder but a hand stopped me.

"Lady, please wait. I believe that our conversation is still not over." I saw Reymond standing next to me, grabbing my hand.

Excuse me? Can't you see someone is crying here?

I stared intently into his green lime eyes before I realized a fact.

Ah... I forgot you took off your glasses...

I slapped my forehead inside my head.

"Are you still not satisfied with that? I've told you everything already." I said lazily.

I was about to withdraw my hand but stopped when Reymond spoke. "That illness..."

I stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

Several minutes had passed, but he was still silent.

Seriously? Ugh! Hurry up! I don't have time for you. Ah, no.. let me correct it. I'm too mad to talk to you. I'm not in the mood! Can't you see it?! And it's all partly your fault.

Well, there's no point in arguing about what happened.

I sighed. I looked at him with a furrowed eyebrows. "What's wrong with this illness?"He paused for a moment, looking into my eyes. "Do- no... how much did you know about the illness?"

Sigh... For real, seriously?

"How could I know?"

He rubs the back of his neck. "I just... had a thought... maybe this illness exists in your world and the cure has been found."

Your guess is almost correct but is it so damn important right now when I'm pissed? Can't you read the room?

"Ugh.. Look, I don't know either. You're asking the wrong person in a wrong time. And aren't you a doctor?" I said with quite high tone.

I glanced at Helios who was staring blankly at the floor.

Sigh... really troublesome...

I pulled my hand from Reymond's grip. "That's enough right? Then I'll excuse myself." I held Helios' hand without any kind of respond by him.

I pulled Helios to the garden without giving a glance to Reymond.

My mind is a mess... I don't know what to do nor what to say

Without realizing it, we arrived at the gazebo and I sat Helios on one of the chairs.

I sat across from him and looked at Helios who was sitting still, still staring blankly.

Sigh... I really don't know what to do...

I scratched my cheek which didn't itch. "Uhm... Helios...?"

He looked at me, expressionless. His eyes looked watery.

Damn... I feel like a nervous wreck!

I lean my body, bowing. "I'm sorry. Uh- I didn't mean to lie to you and the others but you know my situation right? This is out of my control. Erm... I didn't mean-" I stopped what I was saying after I straightened myself up and saw Helios crying silently.

Come on..! You're making this even more difficult for me...

Helios turned his face to the side down. His hair that was originally neatly back now fell, almost covering his eyes.

I kept silent, letting Helios cry over the sadly bitter reality in his unlucky life.

The sound of leaves in the wind and birds chirping covering his cries. A few sobs sounded faint in my ears. The cloudy sky made the atmosphere even more sorrow. Gradually, his sobs could be heard clearly, no less sorrowful than Lavenia's cries.

Helios closed his eyes and bit his lower lip to hold back the sobs that unfortunately were still coming out.

I was silent, listening to his heart-wrenching sobs. The guilt I felt grew with each sob.

His crying subsided after I counted for almost half an hour.

I inhale and exhale, then looked at Helios nervously.

"It's such unfortunate..." His baritone voice that become hoarse from crying startled me.

Huh? What?

I blinked twice, staring at him.

"I'm sorry, crying in front of you, it's really embarrassing." He looked down for a moment.

"Ah.. erm.. no, sorry..." I looked down.

He stood up. "Looks like it's going to rain soon, your health will deteriorate if you get hit by the rain. You'd better get in before it rains."

"Ah, yes.." I stood up, walking into the mansion followed by Helios.

Sigh... I don't know what to do...

"May I know your name?" I startled and faced back, stopping my footsteps.

He looked at me with a small smile. His eyes were slightly swollen and his face was slightly red.

"Uhm... Melina.." I scratched my cheek.

Helios chuckled, making me confused.

"Is there something wrong? Is there something on my face?" I rub my face.

He smiled. "No, it's just that your personality and behavior are different from Lady Lavenia." he paused. "I should have notice it..." he muttered which I can still hear.

I keep my mouth shut and laugh awkwardly. 

"Should I call you Melina when no one is around?" He said suddenly.

"I don't know... I feel like it would be risky." I turned around and continued my delayed footsteps. "And again I plan to temporarily replace Lavenia. I still don't want to be a part of this world. Just think of me as Lavenia and fool ourselves." I continued.

No response.

Well, I sounds like I did not know my place by saying I'm Lavenia, so it's not weird if there is no respond.

I saw Vasilius walking towards me. He smiled when he saw me which I return with a bigger smile.

Perfect! Lil brother Valius! Please accompany me! You're the only one of my comfort now!

I was about to run towards him, but the sudden sound of thunder startled me.

Suddenly I feel an extremely pain in my chest which is very painful. My legs went limp, making me fall to my knees. I coughed, causing me to cover my mouth as I felt liquid that I assume are blood coming out.

Ugh..! Are you kidding me now?! I feel like I have a heart disease! I really want to kill the developer who made this setting for Lavenia. It's so damn hurt!

The voices of the two people that I believed to be Helios and Vasilius' voices, sounded faint as I feel my consciousness starting to fade.

Sigh... Seriously! Can't we get this over?! Just kill me already! Curse you! Damn universe!