Chapter 38

Ugh...

I tried to open my heavy eyes. My body felt heavy, limp, and hot. I forced my body to sit up.

Sigh... Fever... Lavenia is really weak. In my entire life I have never had a fever this bad.

I turned to my left, staring at the curtains that were still closed.

I got up from the bed and trudged towards the balcony of Vasilius' room, which is now my room.

I opened the curtain and showed the sky that had become bright blue, indicating that morning had arrived.

Anyway I never saw Lavenia's personal maid. It's not that I want one, it's just weird. All high-class nobility must have a personal maid. Usually it is the maid who takes care of or helps with all their daily needs.

I still remember, after the heroine and her mother were accepted into this residence, they were immediately given a personal maid. The heroine's maids sometimes help her from the evil that Lavenia has done to her. But on the Damarius route the maid harms the heroine and accuses Lavenia of doing it. I don't know what the purpose is. In the end Lavenia was killed by Damarius.

Sigh... thinking about that makes my head spin.

I opened the glass door of balcony and stepped my feet slowly.

The breeze that hit my skin and the cold floor that I stepped on made me shudder and my legs went limp.

I forced my feet to step to the end balcony. I held the railing, making me feel the cold that spread to my body.

I pointed my gaze at someone who was sitting on the edge of the fountain.

He who was initially focused on the book he was reading now stared at me.

Instantly the temperature around me turned warm, as I expected.

"Need something?" A voice behind me made me suddenly turn around and hold my heart.

There stood Damarius who had been reading a book.

Please! If you want to approach someone, don't suddenly appear behind them! If I died of a heart attack at such a young age it wouldn't be funny!

A cold touch on my forehead made me tingle, no doubt it felt comfortable.

Damarius frowned. "Hot."

He removes the book he was holding and reveals a diamond which he tosses upwards. The diamond turned into a dove and flew off somewhere.

Well... Doesn't it look like magic tricks? I have to admit it impressed me.

Damarius pulled me back into the room and told me to sit on the side of the bed.

BANG!!

There you can see Vasilius who looks neat in a white suit.

Hm... pretty good view in the morning. Not bad.

"Lania! Are you okay?!" Vasilius walked quickly towards me and knelt in front of me. He held my hands for a moment before letting go.

"Ouch! It burns... sigh... it turns out to be a fever..." He held my forehead with a worried expression.

Yes, it's just a fever. What do you think was happened to me? Wait... how did you know that I'm sick?

I looked at Damarius with one raised eyebrow, to which he answered with a shrug.

Well, isn't this strange? I mean a lot of weird stuff happened here so I'm not too surprised.

"Sigh... I have a meeting in an hour. Darius, stay with Lania until Dr. Gregory comes. I'll go first." Vasilius ruffled my hair and left.

After the door was closed, Damarius went to my bedside and sat on a chair that had been there for who knows when.

Wait... don't tell me he'll actually be waiting for me...

"Uh- Darius? Why are you sitting there?"

He raised one eyebrow. "Can't?"

...when did I say that?

"I mean... you don't have to wait for me..."

He stared at me for a moment then picked up a book and read it, ignoring my question.

Sigh... well, what was I expecting from this guy?

I lay with my back facing Damarius and pulled the blanket up to my neck.

***

"I gue... for no..." I could hear a male voice faintly.

Ugh... I fell asleep...

I sat myself up and looked around. I saw my bedroom door slightly open.

I could see a blonde haired person, who I assumed was Reymond, standing there talking to someone, who I assumed was Damarius.

Hm... my body feels a little better. Well, I'm sure it's because of the best doctor in this kingdom.

Yawn... I think I've slept too long...

I yawned a second time and looked to my left to see the sky outside. Unfortunately this is the wrong decision.

Ok now, why is he on my balcony?!

I gaped at the familiar man on my balcony waving at me. His wide smile showed his canine teeth

I got out of bed and opened the balcony door. "What are you doing here? No, before that, how did you get here?!" I stared at Alastor with disbelief.

He struck a thinking pose. "Flying? Hm.. I don't think it matters." He said lightly. "More importantly, I have some shocking news." He continued with a beaming facial expression.

...was it wrong for me to think he was a puppy? Ah... right..

"What news?" I looked at Alastor curiously.

Alastor showed his smirk. "Kiss my cheek first." he said making me furrowed my brows.

... I'll take my words back about him being a puppy, he really is a demon. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Geez, why did the developer have to make Alastor like this? wouldn't it be a shame with his appearance and skills in cooking if he likes to play with girls. I really don't like playboys fyi.

I stared at him lazily. "I'd rather not hear it than have to do that."

I was about to close the balcony door, but stopped when Alastor's hand caught it. As a result his hand caught in the door.

I reflexively let go of my grip and held Alastor's red hand.

The unexpected happened. Alastor and I were surprised when the hand I touched melted. He growled in pain.

What the... what happened...?