Chapter 35

OK, I know everything that happened to me was all cliche. But what the heck?! I mean like- what the hell! He liked Helios out of all the capture targets that had the greatest potential to be her partner! This is crazy!

"Nice to meet y- you... I- I'm Edelyn.." She said with blushing cheeks and a small voice.

...

She did not just stutters... please tell me that my hearing was bad a while ago...

"It was my pleasure, Lady Edelyn. This way, please." Helios held the door and motioned for her to come out with his hand.

Edelyn walked out, followed by Helios. Now it was just me and Duke Alfaret in the dining room.

After we both finished eating, Duke Alfaret cleared his throat to get my attention. "Lavenia, are you done eating?"

I tilted my head slightly "I'm done. What's wrong, father?"

He paused. "Dad wanted to talk about your debutante. When do you want it to be held?"

Oh, right! I almost forgot about Lavenia's debutante...

"Uhm... can we postpone it for a while? I still can't decide..." And don't you remember that incident? What if the one who attacked Lavenia and the Crown Prince came again..? I don't want to die yet.

"Dad wants your debutante to be carried out as soon as possible... but if that's what you want then I can't force you." Duke Alfaret let out a disappointed sigh.

"Then, I'll go first." I stood up and walked to my room to prepare myself.

***

This afternoon I decided to enjoy tea and cake prepared by the maids in the gazebo in the front garden of the mansion.

In my hand is a book about herbal plants, while 3 other books are on the table. I got this book from Alfaret's library. It's larger than my home in my world.

By the way, why a book about herbal plants? Because I need information about other ingredients that I need to cure this illness.

The second ingredient that is difficult to obtain, but not as difficult as the Chronos fruit, is ereanes flower.

I have to read a book about herbal plants thanks to the developers who don't give the appearance of this flower..

Curse you developer!

Now, finally! I found information about ereanes flower in the 3rd book I've read!

It's silver flower with small and thin petals... wait a minute... I think I've seen this flower before...

....

Oh.my.gosh! Fate was really cruel to me! Damn it! This flower is the flower that Arkanio's ex wanted!

Sigh... I hope Arkanio still has some...

"Lania."

I turned to my left and found Vasilius. The way he looks in a white suit makes him look charming. Don't forget the big smile on his face.

...

Please stop smiling so handsomely! Curse the developers for toyed with your fate...

Now I feel sad because your ending is never happy..

He took the seat in front of me. "Lania, do you want to go out? I'm free today."

I thought for a moment, then nodded. "Sure, where should we go?"

Vasilius took one of the cookies and ate it. "Hm... how about going to the cafe you suggest? At that time I couldn't keep my promise because I was busy."