Chapter 40

"Melina! Wake up! Do you know what time is it?!" A familiar voice buzzed in my ear.

"Melina! Wake up!" A bang on the door made me open my eyes.

Huh? Where am I?

I looked around and realized.

Huh? this is my room... in my real world... did I come back..?

I got up from my bed and walked slowly to the door.

I opened my bedroom door, and as I expected my mom was standing there with the gentle expression I still remember.

"You sleepyhead. Get ready, or you'll be late."

Without listening to what she said, I immediately jumped into her arms.

The hug that feels familiar and comfortable makes my eyes wet over the feeling I miss right now.

"Eh? Melina? What's wrong with you? Did you have a nightmare? Oh dear, you've grown up yet you still act like a child."

Mom babbles a lot, but still holds me and strokes the top of my head, trying to calm me down.

"Mom... I miss you.." I cried unstoppably, making mom even more panicked.

"Melina? Were you crying? You're not usually such a crybaby. Did you have a really bad dream?" Mom's voice is very soft, makes me reluctant to let go of my hug. Afraid that this is just a dream.

Several minutes passed, my mother was still comforting me by rubbing my head and my back. She repeated the words "everything will be fine."

With a little hesitation I let go of my arms and glanced at mom's face.

Mom pulled me and sat me down on the couch in the living room where my dad and brother were sitting and talking.

Mom sat down and pulled my head to lean on her while embracing and stroking my head.

Dad looked at me and asked mom. "What's wrong with Melina?"

"Hm... Nightmare." Mother replied.

My brother laughs. "Just like a child. Just let her be, mom. Don't spoil her. She's such a crybaby."

My eyes watered when I heard him teasing me as usual.

My brother looks flustered. "Eh eh? Hey, don't cry, what the hell? How bad was your dream? Come here, this handsome big brother of yours will give you a hug." He stretched out his hand which was brushed aside by dad.

"You want to hug her after calling her a crybaby? Don't be cheeky. Come here, Melina. Just hug daddy." Dad said which made mom shake her head.

"What the heck, Dad? Dad is very greedy, already have my lovely mom but still want to hug my beloved sister."

My brother who originally sat in a single chair now moved next to me. He hugged me and pinched my cheeks making me a little annoyed, but more to miss him.

"Come here, my lil sis. Now tell your brother, what's your nightmare, hm? If your dream really scary then I'll treat you ice cream, but just the cone."

...forget it, I don't miss him at all.

"So? Do you want to tell us?" My brother's question made mom and dad look at me.

I paused. "I... dreamed that I died... moved worlds and couldn't meet you guys anymore... it felt so real..." my voice choked, holding back the tears that were about to flow.

Sigh... maybe they will laugh at this, and take it as a joke like usual.

But unlike what I expected, they fell silent. My brother who always joked also now silent.