Chapter 45

"Miss, you are very beautiful today. I believe you are the most beautiful woman at this banquet."

One of the maids flattered me openly, while the others nodded in agreement.

Sigh... I'm tired. How am I not? They played dress up with me for 4 hours! FOUR HOURS!

Starting from skin care, dress selection, hair style selection, make up. They even painted my nails, which were eventually covered with gloves! Good! Very good!

Sigh... Come on! This is really annoying! I even lost the energy to walk to the front of the mansion...

"Miss! Miss! Look at our work!" The maid who had been chatty since earlier brought a long, body-sized mirror.

...

Wow... awesome...

The blue dress that was the same color as Lavenia's eyes adhered perfectly, leaving the shoulders white. The blooming bottom part with flower decorations makes me look elegant.

On my neck there's a purple pearl necklace, matching Lavenia's hair which is now tied in a bun. Adorned with white diamond hair ornament.

The light make-up makes Lavenia's face even smaller, but doesn't change her original facial features.

Sigh... Lavenia is a villainess, but she's still an important character in the game which doesn't make her an exception in terms of looks.

And well... I have a bad feeling today... I hope Lavenia's bad luck doesn't act up...

"How is it, Miss? Do you like it? Is there anything that doesn't suit your preferences?" The maid looked at me worriedly.

I gave her a small smile to relieve her anxiety. "I like it. Thank you for your hard work."

My words made them sighed in relieves.

Knock knock knock

"Come in," I said, then gestured for the maids to go out.

The door opened, revealing Helios who looked neat as usual. He goes in while the maids go out.

After holding the door for the maids, he saw me and froze in place.

"Uhm.. Helios?"

"Beautiful."

Eh?!

Helios and I were both surprised by what he said without realizing it.

What kind of situation is this?!

"Uhm... what's wrong?"

"Ekhem... Lady Lavenia, your guest has arrived and currently is waiting in the waiting room."

So soon?

Ah no..

Looks like I took too long.

***

Helios opened the door to the waiting room, allowing me to enter.

A man with distinctive colored hair stood up from his seat.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Marquess Fabian."

Yes, marquess.

Not as Algebrio, but there he stood as Alvanio Fabian with the title marquess given by the crown prince.

Yesterday he surprised me by telling me his real name and status. He said that this was necessary for his plan.

"I was the one who came earlier than promised."