Chapter 44

Panic!

My sight was unfocused and my mind was in a mess due to this unexpected situation.

I really thought my life was over then. But...

"You don't need to be afraid. I guarantee your safety, as someone you have saved."

Just like that, Julian's voice calmed me down a bit, then my vision refocused.

And I don't know since when, the tip of the sword that was about to stab me stopped right before my eyes.

Shit...

I backed up my body and bumped into Julian by accident.

He held my shaking shoulders from behind.

"You didn't look this scared at that time. But why acting like this now?"

I still can't hear Julian's voice because the shock I received has not subsided.

The sound of heels was heard in this strange silent.

Alvanio, the culprit, came and tapped the flat side of the sword.

he whistled. "Wow, this is a real sword." He said in awe, making me look at him strangely.

"Ah.. how happy I am to see a traitor like him by your side."

Alvanio flanked the neck of the now frozen knight and dragged him to one of the knights on guard.

"Throw this guy away, whatever you want to do with it." he said.

I repositioned myself, while Alvanio took a seat next to the crown prince and yawning.

"Can't you act like a noble?" Julian looked at Alvanio in frustation.

"For what? I'm not a real noble." he answered nonchalantly.

He took off his shoes and soaked his feet in the fountain.

"Still, if you are registered as a noble, then act like one."

Alvanio ignored Julian's words and was lost in his own moment.

"Sorry, you're starting to see things like… this." Julian's apology snapped me out of my thoughts to join Alvanio.

Sigh... it looks refreshing...

"I should be the one apologizing. I'm actually bothering your highness by being here."

"Oi." Alvanio's voice made me look at him who now looks disappointed.
"Why apologize? I brought you for that, and other reasons."

...is he serious?

"Do you remember the organization I once captured?"

How could I forget? "Gatherings at the... bar, right?"

"That's right. This time I'm looking for someone. He's very important."

"...ok? Then?"

Alvanio took his feet out and wiped them with his handkerchief, then put his shoes back on.

He threw his handkerchief into the trash can nearby then stood in front of me. "I'll use you this time. You still remember your debt, right?" His radiant smile made me break out in a cold sweat.

Damn... I hope the things requested are normal...

"Debt?" Julian looked at me demanding an explanation.

I answered with hesitation. "I... once asked him for help and... well... that's it..."

"Did he scammed you to the point you need his help?"