Chapter 51

Flop

I arrived at the mansion and lay down on my bed, but I'm not exactly sure when that happened.

OK so, what does this mean? Lavenia doesn't have a fiancé in the game, right?! I'm sure I remember this correctly!

Creak...

"Lania?"

A familiar voice made me look towards the door and found Vasilius entering my room. He wore a formal suit as usual.

"You just got home? How was your first party? Was it fun? Or did something confuse you?" he asked with curiosity.

Ugh... Lil bro Valius...

I got up and sat on the side of the bed, looking at Vasilius in frustration.

"Eh? Lania? What's wrong with you? Did someone upset you?" He looked at me worriedly, kneeling beside the bed and holding my hands gently.

"Brother Valius, is it true that I am betrothed to the crown prince?" I nervously asked.

"How did you know?"

...so it's true?!

"Marquess Fabian told me at the party. Tell me, it's not true, right?"

Vasilius rubbed the nape of his neck. "Erm... You see, it's not a fiancé, but a fiancé candidate. In royal history, the crown prince has been determined to be engaged to a duke's daughter, or someone of equivalent rank, so that royal blood is not lost from the royal family."

Ugh, I forgot that cliche story where the Duke family is always paired with the royal family...

"But I don't want to? Can't I refuse?"

Vasilius chuckled. "Is it because he's a stranger?"

"Yeah... More or less like that..." Well, although he's not really a stranger because I know him from the game. But this game developer provides false information. Plus I wasn't that interested in him. And I've never interacted openly with him... Previous meetings didn't count because he thought I was Lavenia.

"You haven't changed. Before you refused too. Well... Except for your refusal this time is more... calm."

Calm?

"What do you mean?"

Vasilius was silent for a moment. "Uh... at that time you heard this news and immediately went to Dad's room to protest by breaking Dad's things. Then, because the proposal sent was rejected by the royal family, you destroyed all the documents that Dad had worked on. And that went on for a month until Dad had to work at the central palace."

...
I'm speechless...

"Then what should I do...? I don't want to be the crown prince's fiancé..."

Vasilius stood up and sat next to me. "Sigh... I also don't agree even though I know that the crown prince's reputation is quite good. Though marrying him is very profitable, if we ignore the fact that our lives are threatened all the time. But it can't be helped, our royal system has been made like that. Even so, there are 2 ways to prevent this system from being implemented."

That is!

"What's the way?" I hope it's not impossible...

Vasilius raised his index finger. "One, the crown prince does not agree to this engagement for reasons that the king and queen can agree to." Then he raised his middle finger. "Or two, the crown prince already has a fiancé chosen by himself, which is impossible because the crown prince is not interested in anyone according to the available information. In fact, he has no scandals at all."