24. Hate

4000+ words

.
.
.
.
.
Happy reading!

                     Aarav's pov

Aadhya's voice echoed through the house, "Bhaiyya, Badi maa wants you for lunch."

"Okay," I responded, shutting my laptop and making my way to the dining table.

Soon, my family gathered around, with Dad taking the head chair and me settling beside him.

"Badi maa, thank you for making all my favorite dishes today," Adi exclaimed joyfully.

"It's okay, beta," maaa replied, her smile spreading warmth around the table.

Dad seemed content, a silent wish for a happy family evident in his eyes. His recovery progress was a source of relief for us all.

Beneath the table, Dad's hand found mine, a silent expression of gratitude passing between us as we met each other's gaze.

Everything felt perfect in that moment. I have the love of my life with me and my family is happy too , I couldn't ask for more. Though I hadn't confessed my feelings yet, her presence brought me comfort like nothing else. She is my strength and my hope, and for now, that was enough.

 She is my strength and my hope, and for now, that was enough

                   Sayi's POV

"I'm feeling really nervous today because my exam results will be out. Kanaji, please let me pass this time," I prayed internally.

Saransh came running to us. "Let's go to the campus notice board; our results are out."

"Where are Isha and Maanvi?" I inquired, unable to find them.

"They were already checking out the results. Now, come," he urged, dragging us along.

I checked my result from the bottom of the page. While doing so, I could feel a deadly glare from my friends, but I just ignored it.

Unable to find my result, I decided to move to the other side of the notice board, hoping for better luck.

As I glanced back at my friends, their stares made me feel weird. "What?" I asked, puzzled by their intense expressions.

They approached me, and a wave of apprehension washed over me. What were they up to? The next moment, to my surprise, Rishab, Vii, and Saransh lifted me up, exclaiming, "You've topped the campus, devil! Just like every year!"

I was stunned beyond words. I had actually achieved it. "Oh my god, I did it. Thank you, Kanaji," I whispered gratefully.

Suddenly, I noticed everyone around us staring at me as if I were an alien. "Guys, put me down," I requested, feeling a mixture of embarrassment and joy.

"Hehe," I nervously chuckled, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension.

"We want a party!" Ishaa chimed in enthusiastically.