23. Hope

Author's pov

Sayi's heart raced while speaking into the phone, the call abruptly cut off before she could finish her sentence.

"Tum tik ho? Kya hua..?" Before she could speak further, the call went dead. Trying again, she found his phone switched off. "Kanaji, pls pls, say sidhh is safe," she mentally pleaded.

She hurried downstairs to her parents' room, knocking urgently on their door. "Mathashree, pappa," she called out, her voice filled with worry.

"What happened, Sayi? Is everything alright?" her father asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Papa, Sidhh hospital me hai... I want to goo," Sayi blurted out.

"What? What happened to him?" her mother asked, joining the conversation, her concern mirroring her husband's.

"Mumma, wo sabh mujhe pata nahi, may I go to the hospital?" Sayi pleaded, her eyes pleading with her parents to understand the urgency.

"You can beta, dheeraj ko saath leke jaana," her mother replied, handing her the scooty keys.

"Call me after you reach the hospital," her father added, his worry evident.

Sayi nodded and rushed outside to start the scooty. She tried calling Dheeraj, but he didn't answer. "He's meeting his old friends today," she realized.

Starting the scooty, Sayi braced herself for the journey ahead. Tears streamed down her face as negative thoughts consumed her mind. "Why is he at the hospital? Even his voice didn't sound normal," she wondered, fear gripping her heart.

Finally arriving at the hospital, Sayi dashed to the reception area, her breath ragged with anxiety. "Excuse me? Sidhh naam se koyi patient aaya hai kya?" she asked, panting.

The receptionist checked the log register and replied, "Sorry mam, but there is no patient admitted here."

Feeling helpless, Sayi stood in the middle of the hospital, her heart heavy with worry. Then, she saw a familiar figure drinking water at the fridge, a ray of hope flickering within her.

"Sidhh!" she called out, relief flooding her as she ran towards him and hugged him tightly, tears streaming down her face.

When she called him "sidhh " and hugged him.... he was shocked to see her at this time in the hospital.

When she placed her head on his chest,his heart was thumping out loud. As if his world has stopped for a moment

"Sayi? U here?" Sidhh asked, pulling her away from the hug.

"I came running all the way here for you. How could you do this?" Sayi exclaimed, hitting him on the shoulder before hugging him again.

"I'm sorry, my phone was dead," Sidhh explained, caressing her hair as he comforted her.

"Ouch, lagti hai yaar," he joked, feigning pain as Sayi hit him again.

Sayi smiled through her tears, grateful that he was safe. "Why are you here?" she asked.

"My dad's health is not good. I came to the hospital, but now he's fine," Sidhh replied, his hold on her tightening.

He dipped his face in crook of her neck.she could feel wet there.is he crying?
Sayi could feel his vulnerability ,she pulled him and cupped his face wiping away his tears. "It's okay, Sidhh. He's fine now," she reassured him, her heart aching for his pain.

They stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, finding solace in each other's presence, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together.