1.Not so Meet cute

Sayi's POV

As the morning sun streamed through my bedroom window, I snuggled deeper into my cozy blanket, savoring the warmth it provided. The peace of a Sunday morning was abruptly shattered by the unwelcome sound of my mom's voice. She turned off the fan and declared, 'It's 10 AM, Sayi, time to wake up'.

I groaned and protested, 'Mathashree, don't lie to me; it's only 6 in the morning, and it's Sunday! Waking up early is a crime on Sundays. Aaj tho sone de mujhe, Mumma, pls yaar!'

But my mom was relentless, ordering me to help her in the kitchen within 30 minutes. I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed, wondering how I'd survive this 'early' morning wake-up call. Little did I know that this day would take me on a journey of unexpected twists and turns.

 Little did I know that this day would take me on a journey of unexpected twists and turns

Sayi 's look

"Good morning, papa. Your wife woke me up early... it's Sunday, can't she let me sleep peacefully?" I made a crying face. My dad simply laughed at me. I helped my mom, sitting quietly in the kitchen so that I wouldn't mess up her work... she believes I'm a messy queen, and of course, I am.

Meera came to the kitchen, complaining to my mom that I ate all her ice cream. I just stuck out my tongue and teased her. She playfully started hitting me with vegetables.

'How am I going to tolerate you two?' Mumma sighed, 'Mumma, I'm a good girl, right?' Meera tried to look innocent, then added, 'Didi is bad... why did we adopt her?' Meera stuck her tongue out at me.

Papa came over and put his hand on my head. 'Beta, I assure you, you were born to us.' I lit up at his words.

Then, my father teased in a sarcastic tone, 'Beta, if we had to adopt someone, do you really think we would pick you? We definitely don't have bad taste!'

I said to Papa, 'It's unfair, Papa; we're a team!'

Papa raised his hands, looked at my mom, and said, 'Always in team with my biwii.' We all shared a laugh.

I and Meera tried to escape from the kitchen, but we failed when papa caught us. We ended up cleaning the kitchen and having breakfast. When I checked the clock, it was 10 AM, so I went to see Dheeraj.

I entered their house and saw Dheeraj's parents talking lovingly to each other. I greeted them and went to Dheeraj's room. He was sleeping peacefully, which I didn't like. I tried to wake him up by pulling his blanket, but he didn't pay attention.

So, I went to the bathroom, filled a bucket with water, and poured it on him. Suddenly, he woke up, shouting, 'Tsunami! Tsunami! Bachao! Bachao!'

Then, he saw me, and I burst into laughter. He tried to hit me but failed as I escaped from his room.

'You little devil, if you don't say sorry, I won't take you out today,' he shouted.

I said sorry, bhayya, and he agreed to take me out!

I asked Dheeraj if I could drive the scooty, to which he said, 'Mata ji, I can't risk my life. Please be my passenger and let me drive.' He looked at me as if to say, 'You know your driving skills.'

I simply sat back. Sometimes I feel very lucky and believe I'm God's favorite child. I have such a beautiful family. Though we're not financially well-off, we share strong bonds. My father gave us full freedom and encouraged us to follow our hearts.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Dheeraj stopped the bike at the shopping mall. Convincing him to accompany me for shopping was always a challenge. I had to bribe him by offering to write all his assignments, and he agreed.

I had to shop because tomorrow was Isha's birthday. We've been best friends since childhood. She loves reading books, just like me, and is obsessed with Korean men.

I decided to buy her some storybooks and her favorite K-pop album. So, I started walking in the book section, looking for a particular book. I know Isha and I love dark romance books (hehe, it's a girl's fantasy, you know).

Suddenly, I collided with something solid while walking. I closed my eyes, thinking I'd fallen, only to realize that someone was holding me. I opened my eyes and raised my head to see a man. No, no, he was more than just "hot." His chiseled body, with a perfect 6-pack, seemed like a work of art. His ocean-blue eyes held a captivating depth, and his physique was nothing short of perfection. The world seemed to slow down for a moment as my heart raced. Confusion and surprise filled my thoughts, and I couldn't help but feel a mix of embarrassment and irritation as he suddenly dropped me on the floor.

Before I could process my thoughts, he started scolding me. 'Hey, crazy woman, are you blind? Can't you see where you're walking?'

What the heck, Sayi? Did he just call you crazy and drop you on the floor? It was time to teach him a good lesson. I stood up from the ground and held his collar. I was about to apologize, but after what he had just done, I didn't feel like it, and I wasn't sorry.

"Hey, mister, what did you just call me?" I yelled, my frustration boiling over. "Do you have some hearing problem, miss?" He argued, his tone unyielding. How dare he! I grabbed his collar firmly and confronted him, "Get lost, Mr. kadoos, Raavan kahi ka!" I yelled at him, but he paid no attention and left the place. His face and his touch seemed strangely familiar to me, which was odd because it was the first time I had ever met him.

Hey, my lovely readers!
Thanks for taking the time to read this story. Your love and support mean the world to me. Please show your appreciation with votes and comments. Stay tuned for the next part!