7. Ice cream

1700+ words.

.

.

.

happy reading,my lovelies !

                                                                 SAYI'S POV

SAYI'S POV

By 6 pm, I reached home, where Papa was already engaged in conversation with Meera. I greeted them, but my attention was drawn to a bowl of Aloo bajjis. I couldn't resist reaching for one, but my mom pulled my ears and instructed me to freshen up first.

I made my way to my room, and Meera followed me. "Didi, how was your day today? How did your exam go?" she asked with genuine curiosity.

"Oh my precious ears! What's this? Did I hear you calling me 'didi'?" I responded with a raised eyebrow. "

"Tell me, what do you want, Meera?" I was well aware that when your younger siblings suddenly showed you respect, they usually had something up their sleeves. I wasn't going to be manipulated that easily.

Meera insisted innocently, "It's not like that, di. I just wanted to know how you're feeling, that's all. And maybe we could have some ice cream to help you de-stress."

I saw right through her act. "I knew it, Meera. The moment you started with the 'didi' and respect, I knew you had something like this in mind," I scoffed, playfully teasing her. "Alright, drama queen, let's go get that ice cream I said, giving in to her antics.

 "Alright, drama queen, let's go get that ice cream I said, giving in to her antics

(sayi's and meera's outfit)

I picked out a simple long top for myself and chose the same for Meera. I was applying kajal to my eyes when I saw Meera's reflection in the mirror. "Meera, I think I am not looking that beautiful today," I spoke dramatically.

"Sayi, you feel annoyed to see your face just for a few minutes. Think about us; we've been seeing you for more than 20 years. Have mercy on us," Meera mocked.