14. I love her

Cheers to another year of broken resolutions and déjà vu! 

Happy New Year!

 May you find money on the road today!

                                                             AARAV'S POV

                                                             AARAV'S POV

I couldn't help but wonder, "What if I offered her a ride? Would she accept, or would she prefer not to go with me? Is that boy on the bike her boyfriend? Oh no, these thoughts are making me insane."

I took a deep breath, shaking off the perplexing thoughts, and continued on my way. Back home, I changed into my formal attire, had breakfast, and departed for the office.

During the car ride, her face kept intruding into my thoughts. I couldn't shake the idea that I needed to find out if she had a boyfriend. my mind was a mess, but I couldn't help myself.

Upon reaching my office, Nikhil, my personal assistant, came to my cabin and informed me of a meeting scheduled for 11 AM. I nodded and proceeded to the conference room.

Arjun announced, "Prapul will be explaining the project," and I acknowledged him. But I found myself zoning out, my mind consumed by thoughts of her.

"Aarav," I told myself, "she's not yours. What if she's already in a relationship?" These thoughts tormented me, and I was burning with frustration.

"No, this can't be happening!" I stood up and exclaimed, oblivious to the fact that I was in a conference room with 20 other people.

"What's wrong, sir?" Everyone stood up, alarmed and concerned.

I looked at Arjun with a "you handle this" expression, and he nodded. I left the conference room.

After calming down in my cabin, Arjun entered. "What happened?" he inquired, his voice serious.

"Nothing," I replied nonchalantly.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" His tone turned stern.

"No need to think; you are a fool," I retorted.

He stared at me, clearly annoyed. I decided to confide in him about my feelings, hoping he could offer some guidance.

"Arjun, my mind is a mess. I can't concentrate on anything," I confessed with frustration.

He instructed me to sit down and asked, "Tell me what happened."

"I think I like her," I blurted out, leaving Arjun utterly flabbergasted.

"Did I hear something wrong? Did my ears deceive me?" He responded with an exaggerated horror.

I glared at him, signaling that I needed him to take this seriously, and he nodded."I think I like the bookstore girl," I replied to Arjun, leaving him momentarily speechless.