8. P.I.G

2000+ words

.

.

.

.

Happy reading, my lovelies !

Sayi's POV

I and Meera reached home, and I told her not to share the incident from the ice cream parlor with our parents, deciding not to bother them.

It had been days since we had a family movie night. So, we planned one. My parents went to bed around 10 pm, mentioning their work for the next day.

By 11 pm, Meera and I had finished watching the movie. I changed into my night dress and lay down on the bed beside Meera. Even though we had different rooms, we were used to sleeping like this.

I tried hard to sleep but couldn't. Frustrated, I decided to talk to Meera.

"Meera!!" I called.

"What?" she replied, sounding half-asleep.

"I couldn't sleep," I told her, feeling irritated.

"Hey, you just napped in the evening for 2 hours; don't act like you're in love," she mocked.

I widened my eyes. The audacity she has to decide my love life. I glared at her in disbelief.

"Don't give me death glares. No one dares to tolerate you, let alone for the rest of their lives. Omg! It's scary to even imagine," she laughed.

I shook my head and proceeded to tell her all the incidents that happened between me and the guy from the bookstore.

"Why do you guys fight every time you meet?" she asked, being amused.

"I don't know. He acts like a spoilt rich guy," I sighed.

"So?" she said, raising one eyebrow.

"What 'so'?" I asked, confused.

"Do you like him?" she asked.

"For God's sake, Meera, I don't even know his name!" I exclaimed.

"Yet you are unable to sleep without thinking of him," she teased.

"You know what! It's my mistake to share this with you. Have a nightmare, sleep now," I playfully hit her. "Donkey!" I shouted.

"No, I'm not a donkey," she replied.

"You are right; it's an insult to animals to call you by their names," I argued.

"Oh, please! Shut up, will you?" she yelled back. "By the way, call me P.I.G," she added.

"A what?" I asked, amused.

"Pretty Indian Girl, P.I.G." she elaborated.

"You are unbelievable," I said, rolling my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NEXT DAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got back home around 6 PM from college, and as I helped my mom in the kitchen, I couldn't help but remember the weekend plans my crazy gang had made.

But then, I decided to check my wallet for some extra cash, and that's when the reality hit me like a cricket bat to the head-it was month-end, and I was left with a whopping 50 Rs. Talk about being financially doomed.