27. A chance

I have updated 2 chapters last week in a row. but the response I received is literally the worst.

Even the number of reads is less compared to the previous chapters.
This is very disappointing to me a lot.

Silent readers, please do vote and share your views on this chapter.

Sayi's POV

"Agar tum....saath hoo," I hummed as I arrived at the college, a song playing in my mind. But my steps halted when the security uncle stopped me.

"You are not allowed to enter the college," he said, giving me death glares.

"Why uncle?" I asked, confusion evident in my voice.

"ID card?" he demanded.

Shit, I forgot it at home.

"Uncle, look, I'm a final year student, everyone knows me here," I said, trying to convince him.

He shook his head, his expression firm. Who was I kidding?

"Arey uncle! Listen, who comes to college at 9 AM saying they're a student? Please believe me and let me in. Our Dean is very strict; he'll eat my head for breakfast," I pleaded, giving him a pleading look.

"No," he stated firmly, blocking my way again.

I pouted and headed towards the back gate. Seeing no security guards there, I climbed the wall and snuck inside.

"Waah Sayii! Wahh sabash," I praised myself, flipping my hair in triumph.

I was tired of this fest. Being the head organizer was hectic. This week had been a roller coaster of emotions. Firstly, the scholarship thing, and now these fest preparations. What freaked me out even more was two days ago when I was reading the newspaper with my dad.

I accidentally read about Mr. Patil. They wrote that he met with a terrible accident and died on the spot. This incident happened exactly the same day when he apologized to us in college.

"Sayiiiii," Maanvi's voice interrupted my thoughts. Today was our fest day. The college was adorned with smiles and happiness. Everywhere I looked, there was joy and a party mood.

"Dragon is calling us, let's go," she said, dragging me along.

"What does he want now? Today is the fest; we deserve to enjoy this. After all, it only comes once a year. If he assigns us one more task, I will definitely puncture his car," I said to her, and my friends stifled their laughter.

"Excuse me, sir," I said with an extra sweet voice as we entered his cabin.

"Miss Sharma? Come in, all of you," he said, sparing a mere glance at us.

"This time, I want the fest to be nothing short of perfection. We received news that Mr. Aarav Malhotra is going to attend the fest himself today," he said, his voice tinged with a little fear.