29. Hiccups

Important ⚠️

I'm incredibly touched by the support and love my readers have shown for my book.

I received good feedback from a few readers, and their words totally made my day.

If any of you have exams, please let me know your schedule, and I'll try to adjust my updates accordingly.

I'm truly grateful to each and every reader who has been with me since day one.

I'm posting a chapter of 5000 words, and if I receive the same amount of love, I'll continue to provide long chapters in the future.

Thank you so much, everyone! Your author appreciates and loves you all deeply.

5000+ words

Happy reading!

                      Sayi's pov

                      Sayi's pov

It's been two days, but Sidhhh's words are still ringing in my ears. "I like you! I freaking like you," he said. I've heard the same words from many people, but they hit differently when I heard them from him. Never in my dreams did I imagine that he would say something like that to me.

My trance broke when I saw Sidhh's call. I immediately answered. "Hello, Sidhh," I said. Did I just sound so desperate?

"Hello, meri jaan!" he said. The way he calls me makes me feel hot.

"Sayi... my name is Sayi," I said, trying to act normal.

"Haa, meri jaan," he hummed. This guy, huh.

"I have work, tell me why you called me?" I asked, trying to act serious.

"Someone is missing me so badly that I couldn't resist calling her," he said.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"I am doing my work in my study room and I suddenly started having hiccups. I remembered my dadi's words.My dadi used to say in my childhood that hiccups come when our loved ones think of us," he explained, sounding like a child.

"Nice story, Sidhh! I think you would earn more if you became a director," I teased him.

"Forget director, I wish to become the hero of your life," he said.

My cheeks flushed, and I bit my inner cheeks, trying to hide my smile.

"I bet you eat words for breakfast," I teased him.

"You don't let me eat you, so this may be fine for now," he said in a slow voice.

My eyes widened, realizing what he just said.

"What... what did you just say?" I asked, shocked. How could he just say it like that?

"Umm... I was asking if you have any plans in the evening," he said, twisting his words. God! How innocent of him to think that I didn't hear what he said.