15. Book Mela

Hey lovelies!

Who's your favorite fictional man? The one who pulled you into the world of books?

.

.

.

.

.

1200+ words

.

.

Happy reading !

                                                                        Sayi's POV

Sayi's POV

My classes just ended, and I'm excited to go to Church Street. I heard there's a book fair for all readers, but the problem is it's on the other side of the city. It'll take almost 2 hours with all this traffic.

Note : All places mentioned here are from my fictional Island!

"Hey Ishaa and Maanvi, I'm planning to go to Church Street, wanna join?"

"Yaar Sayi , I'd love to come with you, but Mumma already told me to accompany her for a party," expressed Maanvi with disappointment.

"Sorry Sayi, I'm going to Mumbai with Dad tonight, family gathering," Ishaa said.

"It's okay, I'll give you the spoilers of your favorite books. Bye-bye!" I yelled, running away from them.

"Sayi, you can't do this!" Both my girls yelled. Serves them right. I can't afford to be late; otherwise, I'll be stuck in the traffic.

I entered the place, and it was bustling with readers. I scanned through the bookstore, relishing the scent of fictional men.

I just love this place-a cafe cum bookstore where books are charged per hour, on a rent basis.I picked a novel and ordered my favorite. "Chai." I love this combo. Nasha. I was so engrossed in the novel that I snapped out of my la-la land upon hearing a voice.

"Sorry mam, we are about to close this store." For a second, I couldn't understand his words. I looked around. Shit, there was no one. I glanced at my phone. "Shit! It's dead."

"Excuse me, what's the time?" I politely asked the employee.

"Mam, it's 10 PM," he replied. What the hell! Did I just get engrossed in a novel for 5 hours? I left the campus by 3 and reached the store by 5 pm. I thought I would return home by 7 after reading for an hour.

I paid the bill and hurriedly left the place. This place is quite new to me. As I started walking, hoping to find a cab or bus home, I realized Mathashree would definitely kill me. I didn't even inform her about going to the book Mela. On top of that, my phone was dead. What great timing! I might end up homeless.