18. Block her Call

Wishing you a joyous Pongal filled with warmth, happiness, and the sweetness of festive moments!

May your Sankranti(pongal) be as sweet as jaggery, and as joyous as a lively game of sugarcane pulling!

3000 words

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Happy reading!

                         Sayi's pov

                         Sayi's pov

"Mumma, I'm back!"

Mathashree looked at me and shouted, "You don't talk to me! Leave the house." I could feel the weight of my mistake, understanding her frustration. I had caused them so much worry.

"Promise, Mumma! This won't repeat next time. Sorry, Dadda, please forgive me," I pleaded, holding my ears.

Tears welled up in my mom's eyes. "How can you be so careless? What if something happens to you, Sayi? Didn't you think about us?" She hugged me, expressing a mix of relief and anger.

"I am sorry, Mumma. Please, I'm very sorry. I didn't think you would be worried so much. I will never repeat this," I said, my shame evident in my words.

"It's okay; you are back safely, and that is all that matters to me," she said, patting my hair lovingly. Fortunately, she didn't resort to hitting me this time. Bhagwan ji bacha liya.

The next moment, she started hitting me, saying, "Idiot Sayi, agli baar aise pareshan kiya na maar dhongi tujhe."
Did I just said she didn't hit me? I will take that back.I'm glad Atleast she didn't welcome me with flying chappal.

"No, no, I won't dare to do that! Now please, Mathashree, I haven't eaten anything. Please give me food," I said, attempting to change the topic.

"Okay," she said, and with that, she went inside the kitchen. Papa didn't say a word to me since I arrived, just staring at me with a mix of anger and concern.

Approaching him, I took his hands and closed his eyes. "Papa! Please gussa mat ho jaavo, I'm really regretting my behavior. You know I'm afraid of your anger," I said, making puppy eyes.

"Promise me, Princess! This is the last time," he said, removing his hands from his eyes.

"I swear, Papa! Now, please smile," I said, adding sweetness into my voice.

"Dramebaaz Sayi," Meera whispered - yelled.

"Hush, shut up!" I signaled her, retreating back to my room, where sleep soon took over me.

....................................................................

"Mathashree! Have you seen my backpack? I couldn't find the diary."