3.Guiding light

Happy Dussehra to all my readers! May this auspicious day bring you triumph over your obstacles and the courage to conquer your own demons.

2800 + words....

Happy reading, my lovelies !

.

.

.

Aarav's POV

Aarav,where beta? Phir se aap ye diary dekh rahe ho?" I heard my dadi's voice. Beside her, Arjun appeared.

what are you doing here arjun?i asked in confusion.

Arjun ignored my question and asked, "What are you doing with this diary at this late hour? You're smiling! OMG, is your health alright? Did someone do black magic on you? Or wait, by any chance, the great Aarav Malhotra, the stone-hearted one, fallen in love with a human? Wow, the eighth wonder, you know," he mocked me.

I took a deep breath and said, "I don't know if it's love, but I deeply worship her. She's a healer, mending my soul without knowing me. In my darkest moments, she's my guiding light."

.

.

.

.

Flashback

When I was 19 years old, I received a call from my home, asking me to come immediately. I don't have holidays and next week I have my exams too.I didn't know why, but I had a feeling that something was wrong. Why else would they call me home suddenly?"

I rushed home and found my father sitting in a wheelchair. I was shocked and panicked, wondering what had happened to him. I ran to my father and hugged him, but he couldn't respond. His condition was heartbreaking; he seemed unable to move, speak, or react to my presence. his existence reduced to moving his eyes as his only form of response.

My mom came to me and hugged me tightly, her tears flowing freely. 'Beta, your dad had a severe accident,' she sobbed. 'Luckily, a girl saw your father on the road. She called the ambulance and saved your dad. I am very grateful for her. If she had been even a minute late, we might not have your dad here with us.'"

The thought of losing my father was breaking my heart. I went to my room, closed the door, and cried uncontrollably as I looked at my father's condition. After some time, I came back to the hall and sat beside my dad.

Then, a notice arrived from the government, stating that we had to hand over the company, our industries, and this house to the Mitals as compensation for not completing the project on time. My uncle explained to us that it was a planned accident. Dad had refused to help them with their project due to their illegal activities, so they conspired against us and took everything from us."

We were helpless, and all that mattered to us was Dad. So, we made the difficult decision to leave the country and start a new life in the USA. I promised Dad that I would take revenge on those responsible for our condition."

Aadhya and Adi are innocent children who couldn't comprehend the cruelty of the world. My heart ached as I thought about the responsibility that now rested on my shoulders as the elder son of the family. I was still young and unsure if I could handle it all.

Tears began to flow uncontrollably, and my vision blurred. I retreated to my room, and that's when I saw this diary. When asked about the diary, my mom explained that it belonged to the girl who saved your father from the accident, and perhaps she forgot her diary at the car.