6. Exam Battle

1500+ words..

.

.

Happy reading ,my lovelies !

Sayi's pov

Ah, mid-term exams, my old friends, are just around the corner, and I'm throwing a party to celebrate missing my beauty sleep. I opened that syllabus PDF with such enthusiasm, only to realize that I've magically forgotten the names of all the chapters. Sayi, you're truly a genius in the making.

So, I decided to pay a visit to my bookshelf. Lo and behold, my textbooks are sitting there looking as fresh as daisies, untouched since the day they came into my life. What a loving relationship we have. I thought, "Hey, Kanaji, how about giving me a hand this time? I promise, from tomorrow onwards, I'll be the poster child for daily studying".

But who needs that, really? Concentration is overrated. I firmly believe that the best time to study is the night before the exam, when the pressure magically transforms my brain into a supercomputer. Oh, the wonders of procrastination.

After an exhaustive hour of studying, my eyes were threatening to stage a walkout. I climbed into my bed, shut my eyes, and couldn't shake his face from my thoughts. It was so annoying; now, I couldn't even get a good night's sleep. The incident from yesterday just kept replaying in my mind. You know, when I bumped into him, and he was there to catch me with his strong hands. After making sure I didn't fall flat on my behind, I glanced at my savior. To my surprise, it was him.

I couldn't help but wonder, why did he have to look so good in those suits? Seriously, how did he manage to look handsome every time? The moment our eyes locked for that split second, I found myself completely lost in his gaze.

My heart raced like it was about to burst. To avoid any awkwardness, I had to pretend he was a total stranger as I quickly walked past him. But deep down, I was terrified of what he'd do if he ever found out I was involved in the whole car mess. "Kadoos kahi ka," I grumbled quietly.

Then came this ridiculous thought - did he ever think about me too? My inner voice mocked me, asking why I cared about whether he thought about me or not. Soon, I drifted off into sleep, snuggled up in my warm blanket. This nightly routine had become my safe haven as the days continued to fly by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~after a few days~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized that tomorrow was the day of the exam, and I hadn't even started studying. My attention was drawn to my buzzing phone when a message from my group, "Supex Six," appeared. They were on a video call, and the discussion was about whether to skip the exam or not.

"Supex Six" gang holds a special place in my heart, and our unbreakable bond has been forged since our kindergarten days. Our connection goes far beyond mere friendship; it's a profound, sibling-like relationship that brings warmth and joy to my life. We have shared countless holidays, creating cherished memories at each other's homes.

Our parents treat one another like family, which only deepens the emotional connection we share. These friendships are not just partnerships in crime; they are a source of support, comfort, and unending joy.

I answered the call, my heart pounding with anticipation.

"Hello, guys, how is the study battle going on?" I asked with a mixture of excitement and concern.

"Yaar Sayi, let's skip tomorrow's exam," Maanvi pleaded. "I can't study anymore."

"I'm with Maanvi," Ishana chimed in dramatically. "Let the gods write my exam!"