Chapter 31 - Two way street

Author's note : Teaser's content will be in next chapter so stay tuned and happy reading .

Vani has also arrived at hospital by the time the trio finished their dinner. Arnav sir excused himself to make an important phone call.

Vani : I knew this was coming. She really need to come out of cocoon now and lead a better life.

Parth: did you already had lunch? (Trying to change the topic)

Vani : you don't change the topic bhai, I don't know why you still care for her.

Parth : shh Vani, something is on your nose , see.  ...

And he pinched her nose .

"Aww bhai" Vani cooed and slapped his shoulder.

Kushi laughed seeing the siblings, since it was contagious parth laughed and Vani joined her.

Kushi knew her best friend was alot mature for his age and kind hearted soul. She wished he rised up from all the miseries that life threw at him.

Parth's mom would be discharged next day since her condition was stable now. Parth didn't wanted Kushi or Arnav sir to meet his mom, she would sometimes verbally abuse strangers because of her depressed mind .

So Kushi and Arnav sir were about leave when suddenly they heard some people shouting to move aside ,they turned back to see the nurses and ward boy moving strecher with a patient in full speed and Kushi was almost in the way.

Parth tried catch her hand to move her from the way but, Arnav sir held her  hand and moved her swiftly towards him, this action made her to loose her balance and Arnav sir held her waist firmly. Her right hand rested on his chest. Arnav sir felt goosebumps, kushi's ears and cheek turned  pink from his touch.

Their eyes held so much to say for each other that they froze at the same spot.

Parth felt a weird emotion seeing them. He felt as if something precious has been snatched from him. His face mirrored his discomfort.

Vani who was observing her brother and arshi , coughed purposely to bring the trio into reality.

Arshi broke their trance and got away from each other . Parth composed himself .

Arnav sir : it's already 8:30 , it's better we leave now.

Kushi : oh no! hostel gate will be closed already.

Arnav sir : I will talk to warden

Vani : Thanks for coming !

Kushi : no problem Vani! Take care , parth you take care of yourself too , see you in college.

Parth didn't reply , there were 100 thoughts running in his usually calm mind. He noded to Kushi after some time.

He saw retreating figure of Arshi. The feeling of uneasiness was not leaving him. So, he thought something and ran to the exit ignoring vani's calls.

He saw Arshi just outside the hospital. And called "Kushi", they both stopped and turned back .

Parth ran towards them and stood infront of her heaving due to his mini marathon.

Kushi : Han parth , what happe...

He hugged her tightly before she completed her sentence.

Kushi was shocked by his sudden behaviour. In morning when he hugged her , she didn't felt this strangeness, but now it felt something diffrent and she didn't like it . She didn't hug him back.

Arnav sir's anger had crossed the limit his fist clenched so much that it hurt his palm. His eyes turned blood red.

Parth let go Kushi , and checked at Arnav sir's expression and got his  answers. He smiled innocently at Arnav sir , but Arnav sir very well knew parth's smile was not so innocent , he was teasing him.