Chapter 7a: Nightmare

I was standing in the long hallway, it was dark infront, I saw to my left and right, the walls of Mahal stood high and strong. I looked at at my tiny hands "no no no not again, I can't go through this again" I thought. Suddenly I heard the loud sound of something falling on groud, followed by shouting voices. "Mom", I called out, the voice got louder.
"Mom", I called out putting in my strength. And suddenly noises stopped. Everything became dead silent. I very well knew what was coming next, It was the same hell I have repatedly lived from last 17 years. But still the corner of my heart begged for something to change, something to help me escape this misery, and then came the loud screeching sound, the sound was so painful that it cut my 9 year old heart into tiny pieces. And there she was coming running down the stairs, fire hugging her clothes, the fire was so fierece, I didn't recoginize her face. "Ahhhhhhhhhh" she screamed in a heart wretching pain filled voice. Tears rolled out from my eyes as I witnessed the horror in front of me, "Maa" my heart cried, but nothing left my mouth.

She was screaming in agony and pain, and I couldn't do anything for her, Her cries were stabbing my soul, I closed my ears. " Please maa, Please..., " I cried,

I saw someone new in front of me, she was staring at me intently as if reading and evaluating my pain, as if she understands my sorrow, her almond eyes have something in it, what is it, Im not understanding, Is she here to help me? please help me.., I observed sound of pain has vanished, there was this dark silence again, but she still stood there as statue staring at me. The walls of Raizada mahal started vanishing taking everything with it, taking me, , but i didnt want to go, she was out of the horizon which was vanishing. I asked "please help, she extended her hands, I want go take it but this strom is taking me away. I tried to take her hand its only an inch away now.... Then suddenly my eyes opened....

...........................................................................

Kushi's POV

I and payal were studying in my room and completing our pending work as we will not get to study for next 2 days, since it was saturday today and next 2 days, we will be fully involved in fresher's programme.

I had already forgotten about Arnav sir. His classes were as usual. He would not even look at me and I would just concentrate on his teaching ntg else....
Ohh god kushi, how much you will lie now. Atleast be truthful to yourself. Were your concentrating on what he was teaching or on his mature rusty pink lips,
As I was in this train of thoughts with myself...
Paya: aree pass me your notes of satellite communications.
Me: No no (closing my ears)
Payal was shocked and looked at me
(Me realising the situation)
Me : sorry here it is, ( giving her my book)
Payal: you literally lost it then,
Me: what
Payal: your mind kush, you are turning into mad person, im getting scared.
Me: sticking my tongue out
Payal laughed.

We went to shopping in evening, I shopped beautiful red gown and payal shopped elegant white gown. We headed back to campus.

At night, while we were having dinner at mess, everyone were busy talking about Fresher's programme,
Sukruti di entered where Russiya di was holding her. sukruti di's expression was like she was in shock and Rusiya di was helping her to walk, they both came to our table and we made sukruti di sit.
Me (Concerned): what happened Di, are you okay, Did you see ghost or what?
Sukruti Di :(slowly turning to me) yea, he is too handsome to be real, he is a ghost.
We all confused
Rusiya Di (nick name: Russia): she saw that new proffessor from your department
Anita: Arnav sir..
Sukriti Di: no your brother in law, He is officially mine.
Me: ohh common di, you are acting like he is only the handsome person in our campus.
Sukruti Di : is it not true? ( staring me intently)
Me: I.... Mean, what about diffrences in age
Sukruti Di: Age is just a number. And he doesn't look that old.
Anita: yea he is just 27. He completed his engineering and masters then went to california to work for an Mnc for 2 years untill he came here. I read his linkedin profile
Sukruti Di: (staring at me) see i told you right ( wink)
I rolled my eyes
Sukruti Di: kush, just accept if you like him, we can share him you know(wink)
I made a vomiting action. Everyone started to laugh.

............................................................................
Thursday(Past)
Arnav sir's POV

I opened my eyes suddenly, it took me 5 min to register it was a nightmare. I looked at the clock it was around 3 am, I drank some water and got back to bed, I should get some sleep. But sleep was far away from my eyes. I could just see her face whenever I closed my eyes. And she did came in my nightmare, the nightmare which repeated itself flawlessly from last 17 years. Something has changed this time, it was her, it was first time in 17 years something like this has happened, something diffrent. Her stare, something about the way she saw me, No, I didn't felt uncomfortable under her stare, its something else... I kinda liked it... But, this is not right for my "I don't want to do anything with people or feelings" kind of health. I should ignore that idiot.....

Author's note: How is it, vote and comment 😊