Chapter 12: Important Announcement

Ksuhi's POV

I and payal were studying in payal's room and my mind was drifting back to Arnav sir. "He is so unpredictable " I said sighing.

"Who is unpredictable?" Payal asked.

"No one, I'm just stressed out by the demo which I need to give tomorrow"

"Chill, just blabber as you do " payal teased.

I looked at her in fake anger and she laughed, I laughed too.

Next day

After all our 4 classes in morning, we all went to our labs, usually we all would have diffrent labs, half of our class would go to ECM and other half for ELC.
But Arnav sir asked everyone to gather in one lab, where ECM machines were there. Once we are there Arnav sir walked in, And my heart beat had sky rokected. Chill kush its just a small demo nothing else. Arnav sir dialled soneone's number in his phone.

Arnav sir: Kishan bhaiyya, 3rd year aur 4th year bacchon ko ECM lab mein bhulana. (Ask 3rd year and 4 th year kids to gather in lab)

What? Why? Why our seniors are needed, its just a small demo. Even through our lab was big enough to accomodate everyone, i was not ready to give demo infront of this big crowd.

When everyone arrived in lab. Arnav sir scanned the room as if he was searching for something or someone and his eyes landed on me. A light smirk appeard on his lips. I tensed.

Arnav sir : kushi, we will begin in another 5 min, be ready..

Everyone looked at me in confusion.
No one knew i was giving demo except payal. I got more anxious. And started to prepare mentally for my demo.

I saw HOD and PK sir coming inside our lab. Oh god! Now only this is left. Even HOD sir going to be here in demo.
Oh god! Oh god! Oh god! I hate you Arnav sir...

PK sir said something I didn't register and then Arnav sir also said something which I didn't register because I was freaking out mentally.

But I thought this was my que to give demo, I stood up and everyone's head turned towards me, be strong kushi, you can do it, I said to myself. And made my way to the front with everyone's expression turning into suprise. I didn't understand why? I want this to be over early. As I reached the front PK sir also gave me an awe look. I wondered why. Arnav sir's expression was blank. I started my demo.

"So I will give the demo of this new ECM machine"

"Stop it Kushi", Arnav sir's voice sent chills down me. Isn't I suppose to give demo? Then why is he stopping me?.

Arnav sir : are you deaf also? How can you be so absent minded? Didn't I say HOD sir is here to give an announcement? Did I ask you to give demo now?

My eyes widened, what? HOD sir is here for announcement and not for my demo?
I looked at our around 60 year old HOD sir, who was looking at me in suprise and his wrinkled eye blinked at me several time. I heard some snickers and laughter from the crowd. My face turned red. Arnav sir glared at the crowd and everyone turned silent.

"Sorry sir", I said in silent voice and made my way back to my seat, pure embarressment embracing me.
What the hell is wrong with me, I made a big joke of myself now. I see parth looking at me as if trying to control his laughter.

You too parth, tears of humiliation were in brink of my eyes. I didn't dared to look at payal and her expression. I just stared down at my fidgeting hands. HOD sir started to talk.

HOD sir : ha ha... It happens kushi, it happens to me all the time you know when im nervous. And it happens also with PK sir, whenever he is around his wife, right sir? ( HOD sir looked at PK sir and PK sir let out a laugh causing everyone to laugh, but I was too shameful to laugh, HOD sir continued)

Okay now to the serious part, everyone pay attention, (he adjusted his spectacles) Our goverment has selected our university and our department for an exceptional project. So let me come straight to the point. There will be a govt project where selected students will be involved in.

All the students of our department 2nd, 3rd and 4 th years can participate in this. But there will be a prodecure for selection. There will be 2 intructror teacher appointed for this project.

As this will be a goverment sponsored project, there will be no need for the selected students to do any final year project, because this project involves everything. And for the final year student, they will be involved in first part of project and it will be an amazing game changer in their resume.
So, the intrested student can register their names near PK sir.

Registered student will undergo written test followed by an viva/interview for selection. The number of final selected team for the project will be 15.
This is a great opportunity for our department to showcase the budding talents from our college. And I hope everyone resgisters and give your best for selection.

Everyone clapped loudly and there was air of excitement in the lab. HOD sir and PK sir made their way out. Arnav sir asked everyone to be silent.

Arnav sir: So kushi, now come and give demo (he sighed and shaked his head)

I stood up still looking to ground and made my way towards the machine and finished my demo not wasting any time.
And came back to my place.

Arnav sir : If there are any doubts regarding the machine, you can ask me.
And also about what HOD sir mentioned, I feel its a great opportunity. I hope everyone resgister their self. (He said eyeing me ).

After the lab, I and payal headed back to my room. Payal didn't stopped laughing on the whole way and she is still laughing at me. I felt all my cell die due to embarressment.

Payal : kush, seriously, what you were thinking, everyone was taken aback by your action and HOD sir's face... Oh my god (laughed hysterical )

Me : ohh stop it, you should have held me back no, you call yourself a friend han?

Payal: you stood up so suddenly, i didn't knew what exactly you were doing

I hid my face in pillow

Me: How Will I show my face to everyone now payu, I just wish I become invisible somehow.

Payal : (laughing) don't worry payu, HOD sir said right this happens sometimes to him also and your demo was good. So just chill now, forget about this incident.

I didn't say anything nor lifted my head up.

Payal : Speaking of HOD sir, About what he said regarding the govt project, we need to give our names to PK sir right. Lets do it frist thing in the morning.

Even through im still embarressed by all the situation that happened today, I want to participate in the project. This is such a fantastic opportunity. I don't want to let it go, If I got selected in among the 15 students in project, then everyone will get to know about my capability. And this is also important for my career.

Me : Payu let's head for canteen for cup of chai, I need to clear my head and then to our library to get books for our preparation.

Payal : yes Kush, but im also thinking that, since our seniors are also participating and don't they have more knowledge then us? We are in great disadvantage kush. Since, the ground for selection is same for everyone.

Me : you are very right payu. But didn't you heard, Hard work beats talent, if talent doesn't work hard.

Payal: (smiling), now my kush is back, let's give our best.

After having chai, we headed to library and almost all our department student are present there. The competition is too much..

Author's note: you can expect the next chapter around 11:30 PM. It is going to be the long one.