Chapter 14: Exam season

Reader's POV

Kushi was munching her food and searching for man who found her and carried her safely. But he was nowhere to be found.

Parth came to her with his as usual smile, but he looked too tired.

Parth : Miss.Gupa , are you okay?
Kushi: yea, looks like you are not okay
Parth: I wasn't, but im feeling okay now after seeing you..
Kushi: what? ( Wide eyed)
Parth : what? ( His smile grew wider), I was just kidding.
Kushi: you scared me for a moment parth..
Payal: if you love birds are done , then shall we go..

Kushi and parth togather: PAYAL

Payal giggled, parth's blush was visible on his face , kushi was just confused.

Kushi's POV

As we got back into bus after waving goodbye to villagers, the thoughts of payal addressing me and parth as love birds knocked my mind.

Its true that parth was charmer and I admired him for lot of reasons, but , I didn't felt good when payal adressed us as love birds, something about this is not right.

As I was thinking about this ,Arnav sir came inside the bus finally , it was first time i saw him this morning , and he looked well dressed as usual with his perfectly jelled hair .

He was standing near the first seat of bus , i and payal sat in last third seat as usual. His eyes scanned the bus as he was counting the students and his eyes landed on me , and it stayed on me for longer then on any other student. For some reason i felt his eyes more intense then usual.

His stare burned my soul and I was not sure what to do so i stared back , after sometime he turned to Ravi sir and said something. I thought he would sit in the same seat while we came here , that is adjecent to our seat , but i was wrong he sat in first empty seat.

I felt for a mini second that he did it to avoid me but I shook my head against my own thought, why should he avoid me ? There is no reason....,

The bus ride to uni was silent , almost everyone are too tired to speak. Bus stopped inside our uni and everyone started climbing down. As I clibed down, the sun was buzzing hot, we collected our bags and about to leave when my eyes travelled back to Arnav sir who was immersed in discussion with Ravi sir.

I could only see his right side of body, his  hand gestures were making his muscle to flex. Goosebumps formed behind my neck as i got the images of those arms carrying me.

Payal nudged me to come out of my trance. We went back to our rooms and slept like never before.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Kushi's POV

Exam season was knocking our doors and we spent  half nights in library , it was almost a week counting today that i have last seen Arnav sir , that was on the day we returned back from study tour.

I dont know why i wanted to see him, he had already completed our syllabus befor the tour , so his classes were occupied by other teachers.

I wandered in corridors for no reason in the hope of seeing him, but he was as if magically disappeared. Finally it was time for our practicals.

We had two practicle and 5 batches . Both my exams fell on consecutive day.
First practical exam went smoothly.
Parth and payal were in another batch and they had exams in afternoon.

Next day, i was hoping my examiner would be Arnav sir , but as usual he was no where to be seen. It was PK Sir, and one external mam who came as invigilator.

I was immersed in taking readings from machnie when I heard his voice. "Pk sir, did you call me " ,  and every cell of my body felt excited. Pk sir and Arnav sir spoke silently near door for sometime.

And my eyes just fixed on Arnav sir. After 12 days I was finally seeing him, and god knows why im so happy. My inner mind suggested to stop my actions and continue with my practical.

But I was in no mood to listen to my brain, i wanted to see him untill i felt satisfied.

And i wished him to look at me , just once. He didnt even turned his head to look at students while he spoke with pk sir .

Please look at me once , please,

When done speaking, Pk sir turned to sit on his chair and Arnav sir turned to leave.

No ,no, no , please look at me ,once

As he was exiting the door, he turned his face towards me and our eyes met for  split second before he left.
Goosebumps shot up on me and a small smile appeared on my face , He did look at me even if its for split second, it happened...

And my second practical was also over without any problem..
It was now time for written exams of 3rd sem.

And Arnav sir was not the invigilator in any of our final exams. It was time for last exam now , i was assigned the last bench.

Last exam was electromagnetism, Arnav sir's subject . I really put extra efforts for his subject. I dont know , i wanted to make an impression.

Invigilator was Rekha mam from civil department. When the question paper was handed to us , my eyes scanned the whole paper and felt relived that this is going to be good.

1 hour was already over , i was solving the numerical part when I observed that the value of force is given wrong in paper. I raised my hand.

Rekha mam: yes
Me: mam numeric question has wrong value.
Rekha mam: okay go forward with next questions , i will check with suject professor.

I did as told , Rekha mam called someone to inform my query.
It was 20 min or so when Arnav sir walked in. My heart started to pound . All my confidence went in vain.

Arnav sir : who in this class had doubt.
I hesisted before raising my hand.
He looked towards me with his usual intense eye. And walked towards my bench . My heart beat got louder.

I stood up while he was walking to me , he gestured to sit with his hand. He came beside my bench and bent on my level keeping his both hands on my table. His eyes fixed on my paper. My eyes widened by this close proximity. His face few inches apart.

He looked towards me , i was not able to speak , his masculine jaw cleanched and uncleched. "What is your doubt , kushi". He asked so smoothly that my heart skipped a beat.

I reverted my gaze to paper. Pulled all my strength .

Me: sir , in this question , the value of force is wrong .

He foccussed on the question.

Arnav sir: Are you sure?

He his eyes turned back to me and met mine , i gulped , a small smirk appeared on his face , i couldn't answer anything. His eyes travelled up and down my face and I gulped again .

Arnav sir : good
My eyes widened even more that i felt my eyeballs would pop out . Did he just say me good?

He straightend his self and went in front .

Arnav sir : Question 7b has wrong numeric value . You can still attempt if you want. This question might provide you grace marks. But  i think you understood what i taught if you all attempt the alternative numeric question.

He left saying that and my heart beat was still abnormal. I looked into my question paper, i couldn't stop my smile, He said me good right?

I attempted both the numeric question. As final bell rang, my muscle got relaxed. Finally i have done good, its time to go home and eat mom made meals.

To be continued...