Chapter 21: Personal chef

Arnav sir slowly opened his eyes and stared at ceiling for sometime. He somewhat felt at peace. As soon as he turned to leave the bed , he was met with sleeping beauty on the floor.

The realization hit him like a rock. She had curled up into a ball on his floor. He quickly scooped her up and made her lay on his bed , covered her with quilt earning a smile from her in her sleep. He was amused.

He rubbed his temples. He had never let his guard down in years , when did he cry last time infront of someone , it was only few times after mom's death , he had cried infront of Anjali Di and Ronak . After that incident he had cried , cried alot but never infront of anyone. He had put this mask of braveness no one could point out.

After Ronak's death he had locked himself in his room for months, bottling his emotions slowly and covering the lid steadily. And infront of Kushi he had totally shape shifted his personality which he himself never knew existed. With her everything was comfortable, everything was right ,the way it should be.

Emotional touch with anyone was a big no for him , but not with her , he wanted to hug her , caress her hair , The feelings are totally new and raw for him that his heart fluttered . He has physically involved with girls in his immature days when he thought sex is the only thing which can keep him sane , which can keep him more human.

But he was soo wrong ,it has been almost 4 years where he has not involved with any women. He never felt the desire for it anymore . But with Kushi his desires are taking wild turn. The desires he was feeling now was brand new, he never felt like this in his whole life from when he gained his consciousness. It felt like she was the missing piece in his life , she was the remedy for his emptiness , she was the cure for his loneliness , no one else and no one could make him feel what Kushi can by her simple simple smile, unalloyed touch and her uncomplicated personality.

He removed a strand of hair from her face and started to caress her cheeks remembering , how she had cared for him yesterday. Do he really deserve her? As this thought crossed his mind, he withdrew his hand from her and small tear was at brink of his eye . He quickly got up to get the day done . Isn't he being too emotional lately ?

As he got freshen up and headed straight to kitchen , he was met by the most disastrous scenery over there . His kitchen was mess , a total havoc. What did happen? Did some bomb blast over here or was it an earthquake. No sir , it's your Kushi who cooked khichadi for you yesterday and turned your kitchen into after effect of intense battleground.

He shut his eyes tightly ,He was taking back that "simple" tag which he complimented for her. I mean what the hell did she turned his kitchen into , was kichadi preparation needed this devastation. He made mental note to not let Kushi set foot in his kitchen ever.

He wore the kitchen apron and started working on bringing his kitchen to its original state. Once done with cleaning he started preparing sambar as he had fermented dosa batter in his fridge. Cooking came to him naturally , it was his stress buster. If he would not have been a Teacher his second choice was to be a chef.

After his perfect sambar is done, he kept a pan to make dosa, he had already brew a black coffee for himself. He heard steps approaching him, looked up to see Kushi standing infront infront of him outside the kichen counter , staring at him in awe.

Kushi: Arnav sir , are you cooking?

Arnav sir : (tilting his head) what does it look like Kushi? Am I dancing over here?

Kushi stared at him, okay his rudeness is back , so his fever might be gone now.

Arnav sir : Are you hungry?

Is she hungry ? Is it even a question to ask someone who has last eaten lunch from yesterday. Her eyes were fixated on the dosa roasting on the pan, she slowly licked her lips imaging the crispiness of dosa in her mouth. But this action from her gave Arnav sir shock waves all over the body. He has to look away from her to calm down his erection in pants. Thank God he was wearing an apron.

Kushi: no .. no sir , I'm not hungry.

She instantly wanted to hit herself as the words left her mouth. She was still in surprise that Arnav sir was cooking and the aroma was intolerable. She felt very sheepish to accept she was hungry and eat Arnav sir made food.

Arnav sir turned at her with his mouth in straight line

Arnav sir : Are you sure?

A loud growl was herad and both of them looked at the source , kushi's stomach. Arnav sir cleared his throat and gave her questioning looking raising his one eyebrow and small smile was at corner of his lip. Kushi's cheeks warmed up and she smiled nervously.
Damm, why this happens only to her ?
Her middle name should be changed to Kushi embarrassment Gupta.

Kushi: sir .. I didn't had dinner so.

Arnav sir : then why did you lie that you are not hungry ?

Kushi : sir , how can I ask you to cook for me ... I will manage , I will cook something on my own

Arnav sir raised his voice "no way " thinking about the disasters his kitchen had been through.

Kushi flinched a bit by his reaction.

Arnav sir : go freshen up , the new toothbrush and all other necessary things are already kept in guest room.
I will prepare your breakfast till then.
Kushi was still awestruck , the great Arnav sir preparing her food? Is she dreaming?

Arnav sir saw her still standing in same place staring at him .

"Have you become deaf, should I convey what I said through sign launguage now?"

Kushi again let out a nervous smile . "Sorry sir, I'm going to freshen up "
Duh.. Hitler.

Arnav sir: Kushi..

She turned back " yes sir"

Arnav sir : will you have coffee?

Kushi : no sir, I will have tea.

Arnav sir nodded and went back to his buisness.

Kushi turned back feeling as if she was princess and Arnav sir was her personal chef.

Arnav sir is so complicated.

Kushi came out of bathroom feeling bit fresh , but she wanted to have shower so bad.

Author's note : comment and vote.