Chapter 19 part 1: Hero

Reader's POV:

Arnav sir was already in very faul mood from the time he woke up in morning. There is reason for everything.
This was again the same day of the year he dreaded never came , it would have never come today nor that day.

He gulped the awful feeling down his throat and got ready for the day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As the day in the village went on, his frustration increased. Every small thing has irritated him. The sun was too bright, giggling of students for no reason and their stupid report which looked like some elementary kid had prepared it.

And this stupid girl, who just need reason to hurt herself , if it was not him then she would have fallen face down. Today even her smile was not soothing him enough.

The day went by and around evening 7pm everyone learned that there was some religious riot taking place in city. Students with Ravi sir boarded the bus. Arnav sir stood back as he had come today by car.

Arnav sir was speaking with his Anjali di, even her loving words were not enough for him today. He parked his car at the side and stared at sky blankly. The sky was cloudy just like his emotions. Every year, he has to go through the same old pain , same old scars come alive to haunt him. He closed his eyes tightly, only to see Ronak's bright smile.

He sighed for last time, he lost track of time, its already around 8 , he have to reach home before the city get closed.
He started driving. After sometime he pulled the brakes. It was dark but the light coming from the small shop showed him the girl and she looked exactly like Kushi from behind.

Is she Kushi? What is she doing here alone? His gaze shifted to the men nearby her who were staring at her and whispering among themselves. His heart took up speed. The rage and fear togather danced on this temples.

He saw one of the men approaching her. He got down of his car swiftly and called her " Kushi ".

She ran to him holding her breath and hugged him with all strength she had , her sobs wretched his heart.

Arnav sir's gaze again fell on the men, the one who had took few steps towards her had backed off and all of 5 men were staring at them. He stared at them with equal intensity with his anger added.

His one hand was still in his pocket where he was holding his phone

His one hand was still in his pocket where he was holding his phone. He took his hand out of his pocket and held kushi's shoulders who was still sobbing.

Arnav sir: Listen to me carefully Kushi, get in the car now!

She looked at him with tear filled eyes and nodded. She made her way towards his car and took the front seat. Arnav sir and the men were still staring at each other. Arnav sir slowly made his way back to car still facing the men moving backwards. As soon as he took his seats. His engine roared and he speeded the vehicle and took off.