chapter 27: Realization of Denial

Kushi got up with a jolt and looked at clock which read 6:30 am. Realising it's Sunday and there are no classes especially Hitler's classes , she took a deep breath.

She thought of going for a walk outside as she already got up and there is nothing much to do today.

As the park inside the campus was closed for construction, there was another park right beside the campus.
Kushi made her way there. The cool Breeze hitting her face, there was still fog making everything surreal. Early risers had arrived for a walk, there was a gang of elderly people laughing their stomach out.

After walking for sometime , Kushi thought to sit for a while and made her way to the nearest bench.
As she sat, she sensed someone else sitting beside her at the same time.
She would have ignored but the familiar fresh citric smell filled her nostril.

"Arnav sir ? " She thought , " mad or what Kushi how will he ... " Her mind stopped processing as soon as she turned her head.

Arnav sir had the similar suprised expression as of her.

Arnav sir : what are you doing here Kushi?

Kushi was blank to answer anything, all she could think was  "what is this man doing this early in the morning here, why is he not letting her be in peace for sometime on Sunday atleast"

Arnav sir : are you following me ?

Kushi's eyes enlarged as if they are going to pop out any second.

Kushi : wh ... Why .. will .. i .. follow .. you ... Sir

Ohh great Kushi , your stammering is not a good evidence for your innocence.

Arnav sir kept staring at her and Kushi held his gaze with her enlarged pupil. Kushi can see his dark circles more clearly now , is he not getting enough sleep.

Arnav sir : ( clicked his tongue and placed a hand on his forehead breaking the stare from Kushi) why are you not leaving me alone Kushi , why ...

Excuse me , isn't this kushi's dialogue ? In between, he is still looking like a stunnig model even if he had dark circles and looked a bit frustrated.

Arnav sir: what are you doing outside the campus ? That too this early in morning ?

Obviously now she didn't come there to dance and she is not a kid , she was there for a morning walk , duh..

As she was about to answer , but,she saw something at the other side and her eyes shined.

She suddenly dunked down behind the bench as if she was hiding from something.

Arnav sir was taken by suprise by her action : what the .. Kushi , what are you doing right now ?

Kushi: shhhhhh ( with finger on her lips, her eyes were still on something  which she saw at other end)

Arnav : how dare you to shh me Kushi

Kushi

Kushi

Kushi ran behind the nearby tree to hide while Arnav sir called behind her.

As she was about to turn and check her Target from whom she was hiding , Arnav sir suddenly popped infront of her with murder in his eyes, his both hands on either side of Kushi, blocking her.

Arnav sir : what is happening Kushi ? Is someone trying to hurt you ?

Kushi sensed scary aura around him , but his face screamed genuine concern, Kushi's mind melted. But as soon as she saw payal and Akash from whom she was hiding , stopping just behind the tree from which kushi and Arnav sir was hiding ,

Kushi held Arnav sir's shoulders and turned him around , now his back was facing the tree and Kushi was hovering over him.

Arnav sir was just recovering from the actions which she did but she kept her hand on his mouth.

Her whole concentration was on the couple , the way her best friend laughed at something Akash said , and most importantly the way they held each other's hand , Akash even kissed payal's hand making Kushi's eyes ready to pop out again .

To take a better view and to make sure that she was not mistaking the couple, Kushi moved forward making the man she had held captive to skip a heart beat .

He could see Kushi so close that his breath accelerated and goosebumps covered back of his neck , it was as if she was hypnotizing him with nothing but her makeup less , sleepless morning look.

He was completely in daze , in awe with this girl, from the beginning, he tried his best to avoid her , but there was something more stronger force each time pulling him towards her. After all this sleepless nights and messed up thoughts,  captivated by Kushi behind the tree made him realise one thing clearly , all his efforts to stay away from her is in vain, she is  going to pull his heart, mind and soul towards her no matter what .

It is not about right or wrong , it is not about weather he deserve such an innocent being like her or not , it is just the realisation of denial.

As he inhaled kushi's sweet rosemary scent , all these thoughts vanished , all he can feel is pure bliss, he closed his eyes to subside his welled up tears back. And he exactly knew the reason why his eyes are wet.

As payal and Akash hugged each other and made their way to a car parked just outside the park gate. Kushi felt hurt , her best friend had kept secrets from her. The person whom she thought , she knew from top to bottom has transformed into a whole new person now.

It took sometime for Kushi to realise that she was hovering over Arnav sir and he was staring right at her , his eyes red . She is definately going to be dead today . She slowly removed a hand from his mouth and expected him to hurled insults on her , but instead he just stared at her. She couldn't break the stare contest .

Random aunty : hey Romeo and Juliet , what you are doing ? , this is not a place for your romance

Kushi felt embarrassed and about to correct that aunty but, Arnav sir spoke

Arnav sir : sorry mam for bothering.

Aunty just shook her head and disappeared from the scene.

Kushi was suprised, why Arnav sir did not correct her , why he did not clarify that they are not couple.

And why he was smiling and why his cheeks are red.

Author's note : hello beautiful soul's. I'm literally sorry for late update , I was in not good mind and health from last month. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter . Show your love through votes and comments . Love you all❤️