Chapter 3: Induction

Kushi's pov

I don't know how a week passed so early. Today is the day of our induction as well as presentation. Needless to say im hell nervous. Finally I was able to select a topic "Blue brain", though this is more advanced, I have only took basic points and prepared PPT.

Everyone has worked really hard for this presentation. I can see many people in library last week. It is 8:30 am now and induction will start from 10 am.
I was glancing my slides for last time when payal came to my room.
Payal : come on kush, lets have breakfast im hungry.
Me: wait bae give me 5 min.
Payal : yaar im nervous.
Me : me too but lets think this is nothing. Anyway this will not add up to our internal marks. This is just get to know thing i guess for our proffesors.
Payal: But this also will get us first impression right.
Me: dont overthink yaar, be positive.
I said this to payal, but i think im more nervous then her.

We had our breakfast and headed to our seminar hall. Where we saw some students were already present. Our Auditorium was so big and the students were stitting in last few rows leaving all the front rows empty, I and payal also followed the crowd and took last row seats.

After 5 min Ravi sir came to hall with mike in his hands.
Ravi sir: Do one thing you all go outside hall and sit. Come in front now in 5 sec or go outside, choice is urs.
As the words left his mouth we all ran towards front seats with our bagpack. Ravi sir asked us to start occupying seats from third row as first and second row will be filled with teachers. I and payal sat on fourth row middle seats.

Ravi sir on phone : kishan bhaiyya zara attendance sheet lana ( kishan bhaiyaa please bring attendance sheet)

After 2 min kishan bhayya (peon) came with papers in his hands and handed it to Ravi sir.

Ravi sir: im passing attendance sheet, check your name roll number and sign infront. Remeber your roll numbers, your presentation will be conducted according to your roll calls.

He passed the paper to the first guy in the third row.

I looked around and saw we were almost around 50 people here and i guess boys are more in number.
As I was thinking this attendance sheet came to me, i scanned for my name and i found it, my roll number was 20. I signed and passed it to payal.
I saw her number was 32.
Once all are done Ravi sir took back the sheet. And went out of hall.
After 10 min or so, he came back with all the teachers. We all stood up out of respect.
Ravi sir asked us to take our seats all the teachers occupied first two rows and our HOD vijayendra verma sir came up to the podium on stage.
He started adressing us, "Good morning dear students, im your HOD vijeyendra verma warmly welcoms you to our Department. You will have n number of opportunities here to learn and grow. I hope this coming 3 years will be the best years of your life." We all clapped feeling excited. Sir continued " I will introduce you to our finest set of professors who will shape you all to be successful engineers and a responsible citizens.
Deputy HOD Dr. Sheetal mam, Dr prof Anand Deshpande, Dr proff Ramesh karanji, Dr prof Pankaj mishra, prof Ravi upadhya, and a new and our talented prof Arnav singh Raizada.. "

I saw all the professors going towards the stage and when the last professor name was called a tall guy made way towards stage. May be he was sitting behind all the students.
As soon he went to stage and turned towards us, my eyes widened, he was the one i encountered in library. Oh shoot!.

All the teacher got down and took their seats. It was time for our presentation.
Ravi sir called roll number one. Sir had already instructed us to give our introduction and then start with the ppt.
So, roll number one amulya introduced herself and started her ppt. She did a good job and dilivered everything confidently, once she was finished we clapped for her then started the real encounter round, i mean question answer round and questions were asked by one and only Arnav sir, Amulya couldn't answer his question.
Arnav sir : you call yourself second year students and you can't answer these simple questions?

We all were taken aback, simple questions really. I didn' t understand whatever he asked and guessing by reaction of others they didn't knew either. How can this be a simple question.

I looked at payal and she made a face that she was about to cry.
Ravi sir : Amulya you delivered your presentation with confidence that is good but you need to brush up your basics.
Amulya walked down the stage with head held low.
And the roll number 2 went up to stage. I saw everyone was reading basics from google. I too started doing it and like time passed and it was roll number 19 karthik's turn. Arnav sir made sure everyone got down of stage with head held low. My heart was beating so fast as karthik started his ppt. I thought i would have heart attack. I told myself its okay, this will be over in sometime its okay. And as usual Arnav sir's question made karthik mute and he walked down the stage.
It was my turn.
I stood up and went to the stage, kishan bhayya started my ppt on screen, i looked infront and i saw how big the stage is, all eyes were on me and i didnt look at Arnav sir because i know my confidence will be gone if i look at him, i introduced myself :" Good morning all, im kushi gupta and im from Belgaum.
I did my scooling and pu in vvms, my topic for presentation is "Blue brain"." And then i went on with my presentation. I ended my presentation with Thankyou! Still not looking at Arnav sir, then as excepted his strong voice erupted.

Arnav sir : Why did you choose this complicated topic for your presentation?
Can we assume then you are level up in basics from your peers?

I looked at him and froze, he looked handaome yet dangerous and his gaze i couldn't hold the intensity of his gaze and looked down at my hands. I need to answer, kushi come on gather up your courage.

Me : sir... I... I found this topic while browsing... And... And really found it fancinating so did ppt on this but Im also not that good with basics.

Arnav : (shaking his head) you need to choose topic which you have 100 percent knowledge, not something random. Okay tell me what do you understand by electrons?

Me : ( i knew this) It involves the study, design and use of electrical devices that operate by controlling the flow of electrons through terminals. Electronics is what helps facilitate the invention of devices that helps improve our daily practices.

Ravi sir : very good

I let out a proud smile and sadly it didnt last for long

Arnav sir asked two more questions which i couldn't answer.

Arnav sir : you should concentrate on practical approach. Since electronics is mostly depends on imagination, if you are book worm like this, it will be hard for you.

Me: sorry sir

Ravi sir : next roll number please

With that i climbed down the stage on the last step my heel twisted and i was about to fall but balanced myself and i turned left and right no one saw me. My eyes went to Arnav sir whose eyes were on me. His stare made me feel like im some stupid girl. After 2 seconds he turned to front where next roll number started his presentation. I quitely came back to my seat my heart was racing like some mad horse. I took water bottle and emptied it.

Payal observed me. She sent me text.
Payal: Dont worry kush, you did well.
Me: im feeling like an idiot.
Payal: everyone is feeling like an idiot kush, you atleast answered one question, dont worry. Just pray for me.

Like this it went on no one spared the warth of Arnav sir except parth Ahuja, he qnswered almost all questions which went above our head. Yet Arnav sir didnt praise him but Ravi sir did.

Like this all presentation got over and Ravi sir said refreshments are arranged and our time table will be put on notice board. We got up and thanked all teachers and waited as they made their way out, unconsciously i was staring at Arnav sir, he moved out of hall talking with Ravi sir.

I and payal went for refrenshments and even Anita joined us. Then we headed back to our hostel. Karthik already sent the time table in whatsapp group.
So I just headed back to my room, frensh n up and laid on my bed. I opened my time table and saw the professors name for our sem and to my bad luck there was Arnav sir. God give me strength!
With these thoughts i slept.

Author's note : please motivate me with votes and comments.
I need atleast 10 votes to post next part.
Please also do share with your friends