Chapter 19 part 2: I'm not a hero

Readers pov

Arnav sir : are you sick Kushi ? Why is your face red.

Kushi: (covering her cheeks with both hands) it's because of cold sir.

Arnav sir removed his jacket and gave it to her

Arnav sir : here take it.

Kushi : no sir , it's okay.

Arnav sir : just take it , I dont want to catch any viral fever because of you since we will be staying togather.

Togather? Togather as in one house , her and Arnav sir ? Why this togather word is giving her chills?.

Kushi took the jacket without denying further and wore it . Same masculine rosemary smell filled her nostrils. she wanted to ask which perfume does he use , but stopped herself . Kushi needs lots of controlling on her thoughts now a days.

Kushi: sir, you can leave me in neighbouring cities bus stand , im sure I will get bus from there.

Arnav sir : whole district is blocked Kushi , no transportation available , riot seems to be too intense. There is no other choice. I know someone from police. He is coming here to safely escort us to home . Situation is very bad right now.

Kushi's thoughts clouded with worry. What is she going to do now?. What will she say to her father? How would anyone from the class react if they know she would stay with Arnav sir?

It's not like he is alone right? His family might be there ? It's not like only she and him would be alone in his house.

Kushi: Arnav sir , who all there in your house?

Arnav sir turned towards her blankly and stated : I stay alone.

Kushi's eyes widened for infinite time for today. So, it's going to be them alone. She was frightened by thought with bit of denying excitement.

How will she convey this to her father now ? She don't want to lie to him.
But staying with young lecturer alone in his house is not something her father would except to hear.

Kushi: sir, my father would be worried, Can you leave me in any girls hostel or something?

He turned to face kushi and his face held confused or hurt look. Hurt look is definately what Kushi imagined, right?

Arnav sir: worried for what ? That I would eat you up for dinner or something?

Kushi's ears turned bright red. What he meant by eat you up? As I said before Kushi's thought needs lots of controlling now a days😂.

Kushi: it's not like that sir, what I meant is , you and mean, I mean me and you , staying alone ...

Arnav sir tilted his head to one side with confused look still on his face : what about that ?

Is he really that thick skinned? Kushi thought .

Kushi: since you are a guy and I'm a girl , it might give out wrong idea

Arnav sir closed his eyes and his lips was in straight line for some time before rubbing his temples.

Arnav sir : no hostels or hotels will agree to take you in this situation Kushi. I will talk to your father.
I'm not that type of person.

Arnav sir thought about the last sentence he spoke out. He is not that type of person ? What type of person he is ? Didn't he kiss her when she was drunk? Will she be able to trust or keep faith in him , if she remembers that night? What type of person is he ?. Isn't his past the perfect proof for what type of person he is , isn't today the day  he lost Ronak ? He lost Ronak because of the person he is.