Chapter 1: Excitement

Kushi was pacing here and there in Living room. She was expecting her second semester results today.
Her younger brother Ashok has just arrived from his cricket practice and observing her.

Ashok : Di, why are you so tensed, finally did you fail? How many subjects are back?
Kushi : shut up Ashu, you know I have never failed in my life. Im waiting for results yet, its still loading. and i cant wait anymore.
Garmia : putti, ashu have your lunch, you can discuss afterwards.
Kushi : mom please wait. Im about to get my results.

And her results got loaded. And she hurrdily checked that one subject for which she was this tensed, phyics and yeah she had passed the subject with avergae marks. Her total cgpa was 8.6 which was excellent. She started to jump with happiness and relief.

Kushi : I said right i never fail. Look at my result idiot.
Ashu: its just second sem Di, still 6 sems are remaining. Let's see.

Kushi just rolled her eyes and went to have her lunch.

After lunch her best friend payal called her.
Payal : kush congrats for 8.6 cgpa bae
Kushi : Thanks bae, congrats to you too 7.5 not bad han.
Payal : im happy that we are just saved in physics paper. I thought we are doomed this time through.
Kushi : yes really, even i was scared.
Finally first year of engineering is offically done for us😊.
Payal : yes kush, we are entering our respective departments now. Im too much excited. I have heard so many things about our electronics and communication department.
Kushi: yes payu. Our department is best in everything. In studies, sports and also in cultural aspects and also the teachers are awesome and all are either PHD holders/pursuing phd
Payal: True bae, did you got the message from HOD vijeyendra sir that we need to return to class from 20th july. When are you going to hostel.
Kushi: i will be coming on 18th payu. Since it will saturday and i can rest on sunday after long journey.
Payal: okay even i will come on saturday then, we can go to Malpe beach on sunday okay.
Kushi: yeaa! We are so blessed that we have beach near our uni, now i cant wait to go back to manglore.
Payal: same here. Okay bye. See you later, alligator.
Kushi : haha bye!

At dinner time Kishore gupta also came back from his office and also kushi's dadi came who always stays at her younger son's home but she visits here sometime.
At dinner table,
Dadi : My lovely Ashu, why did you lost weight. Garima please take care of your son.
Ashok: Dadi im fit.
Kishore : putti(nick name for kushi), what about your results?
Kushi: i got 8.6 cgpa dad, distinction.
Kishore produly smiled at her : very good beta.
Dadi annoyed with this conversation: what you will do with all this, girls place is in kitchen only. Learn to cook properly first.
Ashok (annoyed) : what are you saying Dadi, Di has done so well! She will become successful engineer one day.
Dadi: But, she needs to cook for her family right!
Ashok : she will hire a cook😂
Dadi was about to say something when kishore interrupted.
Kishore: please ma, the world has changed now daughter is as equally important as son. And my daughter is very talented and hard working and Im very proud of her.

Kushi just ate her food silently. She knew the behavior of her Dadi towards her since she was child. Her Dadi always favored her grandson's, she heard from her mom that when she had just born, her father and mother were so happy to welcome her, but her Dadi had made big drama stating that how come first born is a girl, i needed a boy. This is not good.
Then chahu had two boys and lastly my partents has Ashok. Dadi had always hated me and showed this in her every action. But she was blessed with her parents and her brother who supports her is every step.

Aftet dinner she started packing her stuff and Garima started with preparation snacks to give kushi.

At night kushi had hard time sleeping as she was thinking about new year in her uni and she will be officially entering her department (In enginerring first year will be general as all the departments will be combined and from second year everyone will enter into their respective department).
She was too excited to sleep and she was feeling this year will be intresting 😊

Author's note : how is my first chapter guyzz! Please do comment and support.