DANTE

DANTE

The bastard... she is fucking naked

I stared at the picture he had sent me of my angel on her knees, her eyes still defiant as she glared at the cameras. Her spirit remained unbroken even in the face of death

I dialed Alejandro's number fuming as he let it ring without response. He was going to face death and much worse than I would wish on anyone

I was expecting Diana's brothers and my men were on the way to the airport to escort them safely here. I wasn't about to take the chance of something happening to either of them.

The door to the den opened and they both walked in with Lucien walking faster than his brother Jason. I dropped the phone in my pocket and approached the men with my hand stretched out.

"You bastard" Lucien swore, slamming his fist into my face.

I reciprocated of course, satisfied at the pop I heard as his head snapped back.

"Lucien!" Jason's voice interrupted us.

"Let him be; if he wants to fight me, I have to let him know that he will lose and by then I would have broken every bone in his body" I smiled darkly at Lucien whose eyes held fury.

His fist remained posed to strike and mine remained at my side, waiting for his to land. He dropped it to his side and spat out the blood from his mouth.

"Now that we have gotten that out of the way; welcome and let us get straight to the point on how we are rescuing...Diana" I announced, walking away from both men.

They followed behind me stopping at the table which I had placed a map of Italy. I had been perusing it for quite a while and I knew exactly where Alejandro might have taken Diana although I did not want to bet her life on it.

"So..." I began but was interrupted by my phone ringing.

It was Alejandro and my blood boiled as I picked up the phone, putting it on loudspeaker and signaling for both men to keep shut.

"Dante" Alejandro called out in a singsong voice

"I can hear you" I responded, trying to get the rage out of my voice.

"Did you like the pictures I sent to you? I consider them quite delectable" he said, smacking his lips

I lifted eyes to both men with my finger to my lips. I knew they were curious about what pictures he was talking about judging by the frown on their foreheads.

"Tell me what you want, Alejandro and you shall have it" I told him.

"You will come alone tomorrow to Satan's creek and then we shall talk about the line of succession. After I kill you and take over then I shall hurt down the little pricks that killed Alexander and kill them too" he explained

"I was going to kill them before you took a bargaining chip" I told him, signaling for both men to keep shut.

They were staring at me with guarded expressions which was understandable and I hoped they trusted me enough not to make any move that will alert Alejandro on their presence

"You know you would not have had the guts to kill them especially knowing that she would hate you forever and would never reciprocate your love for her."

I said nothing... my silence had already answered what I had been afraid to admit to myself. I was in love with Diana Rodrigues.

"We should meet tonight, there is no use prolonging the matter" I suggested

"So that you can have your men surround the building before I even have a chance to blink; no. we meet tomorrow and you will come alone or I will put a bullet in her head"

"Understood; do not fucking touch her" I warned

He laughed, smacking his lips again before hanging up.

I dropped the phone and faced both brothers; they looked calmer but very curious as to what the hell Alejandro had been talking about. One looked curious while the other; Jason had the look of total understanding of my plight.

"What pictures?" Lucien asked

"I cannot show it to you" I responded in resignation

He swore but did not ask anymore and so I explained to them how we were going to launch the attack and where they were going to be when I went in alone for Diana

"You want us to trust you? How do we know that this is not some ploy for you to hand us over to this man" Lucien asked again

"You can choose not to believe a word that I am saying but you will do what I have told you if you hope to see Diana again and I would never put her in danger" I snapped.

Jason put a hand out to stop whatever his brother was trying to say

"He loves her" he commented as if that was explanation enough.

"He loves her and then had her kidnapped in the first place. The guy is fucking nuts, just as his brother had been"

"I am nothing like my brother and I do not care about your opinion of me but your brother is right. I do... care about Diana and I want her safe"

He glared at me before nodding and the plan was settled. They turned in for the night while I remained in the den, still poring over the map, trying to shut down any loophole in my plan that would lead to Diana not making it out of the building alive and by the time it was morning, I was ready.

I handed them guns and we slipped out of the mansion at the crack of dawn without any of my men knowing where we were going. I could not have them charging in after me and disrupting the plan to save my woman.

My woman, I echoed, my chest bursting with love.

I was going to save her even if I died trying.

I arrived at Satan's creek without the brothers; they were to come in and quietly while I engaged Alejandro in a conversation.

I crept into the building with both hands in the air

"Alejandro" I called out, stopping at the center of the building

He looked down from the corridors with a smile on his face and then descended with Diana in front of him, dried tears streaked all over her cheeks.

She smiled as soon as she saw me and yelped as Alejandro poked her in the ribs.

"Hey" I murmured softly, my eyes taking in her appearance

"Thanks for coming" she smiled back.

My eyes hardened as I turned back to Alejandro

"I am here; now let her go" I commanded

"Now, why would I do that?" he smirked

I dropped both hands to my side which was the signal that both brothers needed before they shot in, guns in trained directly on Alejandro who started in surprise at them.

"Run, Di" Jason yelled.

Diana flew in my direction and I in hers and soon she was in my arms, sobbing with relief while Alejandro pointed the gun in Lucien's direction, smiling darkly.