DIANA

DIANA

The asshole... fucking puta, I swore unintelligibly as I paced the room. How dare he lock me up here and put a guard so I couldn't escape.

Granted I had tried to escape the last time and had failed miserably but right now I just wanted to explore my prison and I still could not do that.

I continued pacing unable to form coherent thoughts as to what I could do to be out of this situation. I did not think there was anyone looking for me and even if Luca was, I was sure that Dante had reassured him that I was fine.

The hotel! My mind dinged

No, it is quitter obvious that Dante had stolen me from there right under their noses. For all I knew, he could even be the owner or shagging the receptionist so she kept her mouth shut about what had happened.

I wasn't going to leave this place except he let me, that was obvious but I also did not think he was going to let me leave this place.

I stilled as the conversation at the door got louder and louder and then backed away from the door when I could no longer hear a thing that was being said.

The door clinked open and a man I instantly recognized as Alejandro whom I had bought a house from stepped in. of course, why was I surprised? They were all in it together; they had plotted to kidnap me as some revenge scheme for their family.

"You do not seem surprised by my presence here" Alejandro commented as he approached me.

I kept up a brave front; turning my nose upwards and maintaining a glare from below my nose at him. It wasn't easy but if those rich debutantes could do it and make a person feel small just by looking at them, then I could.

"Why should I be surprised that a cousin of Dante is present in the very same room that is holding me prisoner?" I asked, hoping he knew just how dumb he sounded.

"That's understandable" he conceded, taking a seat as I continued glaring at him.

He said nothing, merely began looking me over which was making me quite uncomfortable and I wondered briefly why the guard had allowed him in when Dante had expressly stated that no one be allowed inside the room. He was making me fearful with the stare he maintained, raking all over my body but there was no way in hell I was going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cower.

I was Diana Rodrigues and the last thing anyone in my family did was beg for mercy even in the face of death.

"So Dante sent you here to watch me?" I blurted when the silence became unbearable.

His eyebrow quirked up in confusion right before he smirked. The asshole thought be a dumb fool judging by the way he was looking at me.

"Dante has no idea that I am here and I am sure he wouldn't like it when he discovers what I am about to do but by then it will be done and there will be no one to challenge me for the throne" he murmured.

I hadn't the faintest idea what he was talking about but I knew it wasn't something that was going to benefit me if Dante had no idea he was with me. Although I hated and considered Dante, my kidnapper; he was the only one I could trust in this place and he was away leaving me with this man that I barely knew.

I had to keep him talking and hope he spills his guts about the reason he was here because one thing I knew men like he liked doing was boast.

"Why are you here then? To gloat that you have caught the one weakness of my family?" I drawled in mockery

"The whole weakness thing was purely Dante's idea and honestly it never did mean much to me. I told him the first time he met you that we take you and begin cutting you up, sending each parts we have dissected to your brothers in New York but he was intrigued by you and I had to obey him" Alejandro tsked, brushing invisible dirt from his shirt.

"He is your boss and you still have to obey him" I commented.

My mind was screaming at me to make a dash for it but I knew I would never get to the door on time to locate Dante before Alejandro killed me. I had to make him talk, distract him and hope that Dante comes to check in on me.

"I know what you are thinking" he started

I drew my longing gaze from the door and turned towards him

"What?" I asked

"You think that I am here to hurt you and you are hoping to keep me talking until Dante comes over to save you" he explained.

I paled visibly, my throat closing up as I struggled to form words... anything that would deny what he had just said.

He laughed darkly, rising to his feet. It was like he could see me struggling and wanted me to be afraid of what he could do. He approached me and I nearly patted myself on the back for not taking that much needed space backwards as he invaded my personal space.

"I am not going to hurt you, Diana" he murmured, bringing up his hand to caress my cheek

I still did not move neither did I utter a single word although I was trembling inside and terrified.

"You are going to be the bait that kills two birds for me... not two but three and if you play your cards right, I might decide to not let you be the fourth bird" he whispered, lowering his head and placing a kiss on my forehead.

I breathed deeply, closing my eyes against the wave of disgust and fear mixing and worming their way into my body.

He moved away from me, allowing me breathe easier

"You are going to walk out that door and straight on the path that I have cleared for us and know that I will be behind you in case you have this silly idea in your head that you are dash off to Dante when we are out" he commanded

I nodded and began moving towards the door; hoping Dante was around and maybe seeing me.

If wishes were horses, I thought bitterly

I turned back and saw him in the distance following behind me and I did have that idea he had warned me against spring up in my head. I thought about it for a nanosecond before I took off, flaying my hands to my sides as I ran as fast as I could.

I did not stop to turn back but I could hear the pounding of footsteps right behind me as I ran in circles, unsure of where to go.

I screamed loudly as an arm wrapped around my waist, lifting me from the ground.

"I warned you against that, bitch" he grunted in my eyes and slammed a fist to the side of my head.

I slipped into darkness, my hands falling to my side as I floated.