THREE

"I am only going on this date with you to prove to Elizabeth that I do not need a man in my life at the moment and she could stop trying to matchmake us." Mara said as she and Lucien walked.

She had accepted going out on a date with him because he figured there would be no harm in it and Elizabeth had specially promised to leave her alone if nothing special sparked up between them.

"You are hurting my feelings." Lucien said, placing a hand to his chest in chivalry.

"Oh please, where are we headed?" She asked, eyeing his grinning lips.

They were so kissable, she thought

"I don't know exactly but I heard of a grand opening for a restaurant and I thought we could be amongst their first set of customers." Lucien said

"Lead the way then, mister."

Lucien smiled

She looked so stunning and all he could think of was how much he wanted her very naked underneath him. When he had called her the goddess of beauty earlier, he had not been lying. He had stayed awake the previous night trying to catch her smile on canvas, he hadn't been able to; there was something he felt was missing and he had not been able to figure it out.

One day he had plans to ask her if she would like to pose for him, maybe he could even ask her now?

"Wanna swing by my studio later?" He blurted.

Mara turned and observed the intensity of his eyes. He looked like he was really hoping she would say Yes.

"I don't think I can." Mara told him.

She had much to do at the office and it wasn't that she could not push it back a little and accompany him to his studio but she was trying to not be in an enclosed space with him away from public eyes. She had tried that twice already and they had had sex on both times.

"Of course, it could be at a later date. Seeing that you are really busy with your recent collection of clothes. Elizabeth told me all about it and asked me to make sure you have fun today."

"I'm sure she did, I swear that girl is insufferable and if she wasn't my best friend, I would have her bound and her mouth sealed permanently shut." Mara said rolling her eyes.

Lucien chuckled as they walked

The woman always threatened with vivid descriptions but I have never actually seen her fight

"Tell me Mara, were you this much of a bully in high school?"

"A bully? No, in fact that was Elizabeth and I met. I was being bulled and she fought for me while I lay there on the ground, crying."

"I see" he said but fumed at the fact that she had been pushed on the ground.

"How were you like in high school?" Mara asked, oblivious to his train of thought

"The perfect student; I always had good grades and everyone loved me." He flashed her a smile.

"Everyone loved you or your money?" Mara countered.

"Both if I should say, I wasn't the kind of snobbish rich kid and I was really popular amongst the girls." He said winking.

"I am sure you were." Mara glared at him.

"It is not my fault that I am so good looking and everybody wants me." Lucien winked.

"Be quiet Lucien before I am forced to rearrange your face. We shall see how good looking you will be then." Mara grunted, tapping his shoulder when he began laughing.

The man was infuriating and disturbingly cute. It did not matter how rich he was, the first thing you would see before his wealth was his incredible sense of humor, except of course you are after the said wealth, Mara thought.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Lucien said, interrupting said thoughts.

"Nothing, I was just thinking of work." Mara said hurriedly, she did not want him knowing she had been thinking of how cute he was.

"I must be incredibly boring for you to be thinking of work while with me." He smiled

"No! You are not boring, it's just me; I cannot stop thinking of work." Mara smiled back in embarrassment.

"That makes two of us, no need to be ashamed of that but for today please get your mind off work or I might have to toss you over my shoulder and shake you thoroughly." He threatened.

"You will be digging your own grave of you do that" Mara warned although she felt extremely warm inside at his words.

I am coming undone, she thought in dread.

...

They both arrived at the restaurant and Mara could see that Lucien was a sponsor.

This is why he had suggested they went here because it will be sure to attract more customers if they knew that Lucien Rodrigues is here and it is exactly the popularity that I do not need, Mara thought.

"Is something wrong?" Lucien asked as he watched her white face.

"You are quite popular among this people and there are cameras" she commented, her eyes darting around.

"Wait up, do not tell me that the big Mara Sinclair is camera shy?"

"I am not camera shy, Lucien. I just do not fancy this kind of exposure and most importantly, I do not want to see my name put alongside the numerous girls that the media is suspecting you are dating or having sex with."

"I am sorry, I did not realize this will put you in such position. Do you want to go somewhere else? We could go right now." Lucien said.

"There is no need, let us go in" Mara squared her shoulders and sauntered into e restaurant beside Lucien.

The cameras began clicking as soon as they recognized them and she could hear the whispers.

"Are you sure you do not want to go somewhere else?" Lucien whispered in her ears.

Mara smiled and turned to him, determination blazing in her eyes and then she did something she knew she was going to regret forever.

She stood on tippy toes and kissed Lucien square on the lips.