DANTE

DANTE

"She is gone" A voice interrupted my hiatus

She, could only mean Diana and gone has to be another escape plan pulled by her again. The woman was going to be the death of me.

How do I explain to her that running around in a house where nobody liked her family could get her killed, I thought as I got up from my chair

"You let her escape again after all my warnings" I slammed the man who had come to inform me of her disappearance

"Escape? I would never do that; Alejandro came over and asked me to give him a moment alone with the prisoner and before I got back, she was gone and he was nowhere in sight too"

I stilled in my stride and turned back to the man

"Alejandro?" I echoed

"Yes sir" he mumbled, the rage in my eyes had him taking a step back.

"What did I say about not letting anyone except me see her?" I snapped

The man cowered.

It was obvious what had happened. This was Alejandro's way of rebelling against me and I had let him pluck her from under my nose. I walked briskly back to my room where I had left her; there had been no struggle which meant she had followed him willingly, no doubt with a gun to her head.

If there was one thing I knew about Diana, she went nowhere willingly and he must have threatened her with something.

"Gather the men" I growled.

The man behind me scrambled to do my bidding while I tried to keep myself calm and sensible when all I wanted to do was rip out the heart of the man who had fucking taken her from me

"They are ready and awaiting orders, boss" the man returned.

I took a deep breath and nodded before signaling that he gives me space. The man bowed and left and I flipped out her phone to place a call to her brothers.

They had to know about what was happening and I would need their help if I was hoping rescue Diana alive.

It wasn't hard to get their numbers from her phone. She had saved their names with as much emojis as possible and I smiled at this.

The one called Jason was saved with BEST BROTHER while the one called Lucien was saved with PEST. I called the best brother because the pest did not seem like someone who would listen if I introduced myself as the brother of the man who had shot him.

"Hey baby sis" A warm voice came through

I cleared my throat

"This is Dante" I introduced

There was static on the other line for a second that I thought maybe he had hung up before he replied

"Hello Dante; I was of the idea that this is my sister's phone number?" the voice said

"Yes it is but there is a problem and I want you to listen very carefully while I explain; can you do that?"

"Sure, I hope Diana is alright?" he asked

"That will depend on you" I told him

The man said nothing further and so I considered it the go ahead to launch into the tale about my brother being killed and how I had met Diana including how she had been taken from me. By the time I was done, the man had still not said anything

"I take it that you are confused and that is fine but..."

"I am not confused, Dante Russo... I killed your brother, not Lucien and while I will not apologize for that; I do not want any harm to befall my sister..."

"I am not asking for an apology merely your help in rescuing her. She... I want her alive" I told him

"You love her"

"I do not know what I feel right now and I do not wish to put a word to it, not without knowing that she is safe. Help me, Jason Rodrigues"

"She is my sister and I also want her safe but I will have to involve my not so calm other brother"

"I do not care about Lucien's anger issues, when should I be expecting you both to arrive?" I asked

"Tonight; we will fly out in the family's jet and will be there tonight"

"Then I shall be expecting you as well as my men"

I hung up and stepped out to the sore faces of my men, waiting on my command.

"Alejandro has decided to go against the verdict I gave and has kidnapped my prisoner" I told them.

There was a round of murmurs and I allowed them; I wanted to hear them

"Tell me, what do we do to traitors of the throne?"

"We execute them" they all chorused.

I smiled at this; yes, execution is what I had in mind for Alejandro and I was going to enjoy ripping his tongue from his mouth and gorging his eyeballs out.

"We will not attack yet, not until I have gotten a solid location and when I do, we will take our pound of flesh"

The men murmured in agreement at this.

I walked back to the den just before my phone rang; it was Alejandro calling

"Dante" he said

"Alejandro" I replied

We breathed hard for a moment through the phone at each other before he continued

"It is nothing personal, man" he told me.

"You have what belongs to me and I will ask you once and only once to return her and face your judgment before it is too late to pardon you"

He laughed at this and his laughter had me gritting my teeth in rage

"You and I know very well that it is too late for that and I know that you will kill me immediately I step through those gates"

He was right; there would be no judgment for a traitor like him, just torture and execution which I would be more than happy to give.

"Why then have you called me if not to apologize and surrender?"

"You know why I have called you and you know that you will come to the place I tell you to or she dies" he threatened

"If you touch a hair on her head, I cannot promise that I will not have you and your family quartered and dumped at the bottom of the ocean"

"I will send you an address tomorrow and you are to come alone or else she dies and you know damn well that I have nothing lose by killing her. I want revenge for Alexander and I also want to be king; it would seem that the throne has stayed too long in your family that it is no longer valued"

I grunted in rage as he hung up

Tomorrow and I am to come alone, I thought

Diana, the voice in my head screamed

I hoped I had not made a mistake by involving her in this mess

"Please let her live, help me" I prayed for the first time in a long time.