DANTE

DANTE

The woman had a mouth on her, I thought as I walked away from the room when all I wanted to do was show her...let her see me.

Well I guess it did not help that I was holding her against her will and had plans to kill her brother but it had to be done and if it wasn't done by me then someone else in the clan would do it, someone like Alejandro and he would not be too merciful to her or her mother who I had plans to spare after the deal with her brothers was done.

This way I get to control the action and reaction of what is going to occur after this is said and done including her reaction to their deaths. I wouldn't be so wicked as to boast about it to her but she would know when the deed was done so she could mourn accordingly

Bastard, her word sprang back up in my head like a stubborn coil, replaying and replaying.

If only she knew how true those words she had spat out in anger were. I had been hearing it all my life, being called it by both my mother and father and it wasn't new but hearing her say it even in the throes of anger and without knowing its meaning did a number on me.

I was a bastard in desperate need for control and some throne that would never have been given to me if my brother hadn't died and if they desperately did not need a leader.

I chuckled darkly as I approached the meeting room where I was sure they were all waiting to hear my verdict.

I sauntered into the room which immediately became quiet as I entered and took my seat at the head of the table. Alejandro sat to my right and then some other person to my left; it was in the order of hierarchy that we were all assembled today and watched the grim faces of everyone at the table. It was clear on what they were expecting me to say and I was going to.

"We have seen the weak link in the Rodrigues family in the form of their only daughter; Diana Rodrigues" I announced.

There were cheers all over and then total silence as I raised a hand to continue.

"A phone call will be made after this meeting to demand the physical arrival of both men if they would like to save their sister and they will be properly executed as is the law of the clan..."

More cheers went up and I could only imagine how long they had been waiting for this moment and what it meant to them. My brother was a fool but maybe that was sentiments and years of hating him talking; I could see the impact he had made on these people and could only hope to be half as good. Starting off with enacting revenge on those who had killed him was the perfect way to go.

"What about the girl?" A voice shot up

I had been expecting that and welcomed the mutters that seconded the question and Alejandro's smirk by my side. It would seem that the man still had not learnt any lessons from me and maybe I had to reeducate him that being my right hand man if he was still going to remain in the position would mean never speaking up against me in public or in front of the clan.

"The girl will remain my prisoner and on no account is anyone to lay a hand on her; if I discover that you have violated this order, you shall be executed without the benefit of a trial and your family chased off to the ends of the earth. Have I made myself absolutely clear?" I threatened

There were rounds of murmurs; some of approval and others of disapproval but I knew I had made my mark and there was no one who would disobey the words of the head of the clan if they wanted to live.

"This meeting is over" I muttered, rising just as Alejandro did.

I allowed him follow me out of the room before spinning around to face him. He had his head bowed slightly forward in the most rude manner I had ever known and he knew this.

"Alejandro" I called out

"Yes boss" he answered

"After everything is set and done with the Rodrigues; you will step down as the right hand man and your position given to a worthier individual" I told him

He raised hardened eyes to mine

"Have I offended you, boss?" he asked

"Not at all but it is quite obvious that this is never going to work between you and I and I am just avoiding future occurrence of dissent between us; I am sure you are smart enough to understand this?"

"Clearly sir" he murmured, bowing again before he left... more like strutted away.

There was something up with him and something I was yet to figure out but it would help keeping more security on Diana when I was around just incase he had other plans that did not involve her being alive when it was all done.

I walked to the den, passing the room where Diana was securely in and nodding to the man I had put to guard her while he nodded back. The last man had been foolish enough to believe her cries of struggle and had allowed her escape under his nose.

You would have done the exact same thing, the voice in my head nagged

I shook my head to dispel such disturbing thoughts

I would never and I did not think the man there now was going to give her the luxury to deceive him like she had done the other guy.

I stepped into the den, closing it behind me. I wanted to think and it was the best place, devoid of external disturbance and Diana. I sighed theatrically and closed my eyes as soon as I sat; I had had the longest of days