DIANA

DIANA

I woke up to the sound of running water coming from the bathroom; the memories of the previous evening rushing through my head and causing me pause mid yawn.

I had had sex with Dante and it had been glorious.

I could feel all the pores in my body alive and singing; the middle of my legs sore from everything.

I smiled, stretching lazily whilst staring in the direction of the bathroom. I wondered if it was going to be too much of me to join him in the bathroom and what his reaction would be to that.

Well, there was only one way to find out, i thought, throwing my legs to the other side of the bed.

I tiptoed to the corner, careful not to alert him that i was awake although there was no way he would know with the sound of running water.

My toes tangled with the panties i had been wearing the previous day and i blushed, remembering how he had brought it to his nose and sniffed and all the dirty things he had muttered in my ears. Not like i could understand much of the Italian he had been speaking but it sounded incredibly hot.

I decided to pack up the clothes we had scattered all over the ground including his jeans when i noticed something peeking from the backpocket. It was his wallet and i was extremely tempted to see if there was any form of identification on him. I knew it was wrong to peek at a person's personal property but i wanted to know.

I glanced to the bathroom, making sure i could still hear the sound of running water that signifed he was still taking his bath before i turned, focusing on the wallet in my hand.

I opened it and there shiny and new was an identification to a certain Dante Mancini; it looked exactly like him.

"Dante Mancini" i muttered, turning the card around.

I heard the water stop and hurriedly put back the card, my hand shaky as i returned it into the back pocket of his jeans. It was at this point that i touched something else, pulling it out of the pocket and staring at it in surprise. It was another ID card with his face also on it but a different name

"Dante Russo" i muttered again.

How did that name sound so familar, i thought to myself

Russo...

Russo...

I repeated in my head.

I glanced at the card again; this one looked like it has been used. It wasn't as new as the former and it had... it looked pretty original.

A gasp escaped my throat as a memory suddenly filtered to the surface. Russo had been the name of the man that had kidnapped Mara and shot my brother in the head.

There was no way; there was no way they were related, the voice in my head screamed.

I dropped the jeans, holding the card in my hand as i stared at it, willing for something to tell me that this was a fucking joke.

If he wasn't then why he does he have another card with a different surname, i thought frantically

"What are you doing just standing there" Dante said from behind me

I yelped like a deer caught in the headlights of a car, turning around with the card still in my hand.

He took one look at my face and the card i was holding before the smile disappeared from his eyes confirming my worst fears.

"Diana..." He began

"Dante Mancini or Dante Russo; who the fuck are you?" i snapped, pulling back from him.

"Allow me to explain" he murmured, stretching both arms forward and approaching me.

"Do not fucking come any closer or i swear i will scream to the high heavens" i shrieked

He stopped in his stride, putting his hands to his side as he stared at me. We were both breathing very hard and i could hear my heart pounding furiously in my chest.

"Who are you?" i asked

"My name is Dante Russo" he answered, staring at me

"Please tell me that you are in no way related to the man who almost killed my brother" I screamed, my voice breaking

He said nothing; merely heaved a sigh

Tears threatened to fall but i blinked them away sharply, trying to keep my wits about me.

"Your brother murdered my brother" he snarled

"Your brother kidnapped a girl and slapped her senselessly because she did not reciprocate his feelings for her and then he proceeded to invite my brother over so he could kill him" I yelled.

This was not happening to me; i wasn't in this situation... definitely a dream

"Alexander can be many things but he was not a kidnapper and he most definitely..."

"Is that what you are going to do to me? Was that the point of all this?" i asked, interupting him

Something akin to sadness flashed in his eyes but it was gone before i could even confirm what it had been

"You are the weakness in your family and the one that is going to help me take revenge, Diana Rodrigues" he muttered

My eyes widened in surprise, confusion and then blatant fury.

"How long have you known?"

"Since the day we stumbled into each other in this hotel and you said your name" he answered.

I gasped, sinking into the bed

I had been deluded into thinking that maybe he liked me; i was only a means to an end, a tool for revenge against my family

"What now?" i said softly

He approached me and i waited until he was very close before i began fighting. There was no way i was going to allow him take me; i wasn't going to put my family in danger.

"Stop fighting, Diana... Dammit" he grunted, trying to restrain me

"Get away from me..." i fought, struggling to escape from his grasp.

It was useless; he was too strong but i was damn well going to try and this i did until i was knocked out by something, i had no idea what it was. I faded into darkness with one thought in my head

I was a fool to have trusted Dante.