BONUS CHAPTER

BONUS CHAPTER

A YEAR LATER

"How does a person disappear from the surface of the earth? Are you that utterly incompetent that you cannot locate her?" Lucien was heard screaming into his phone.

Ever since he got his memories back... painful memories of himself and Mara, he had been trying to locate her but to no avail. It was like she was running from him, like she did not want to be found.

"Any news?" Elizabeth asked.

She was carrying Mara Jnr in her arms who was gurgling with content at being fed

"No, nothing" Lucien sighed, collapsing on the chair behind him.

"I am sure she will turn up. I have sent series of messages and have even informed her of your regaining your memories" Elizabeth said, trying to reassure him

"I have to find her" Lucien muttered

He was feeling lost without her and he was angry at himself for not remembering

"I am sorry, Lucien" Elizabeth whispered softly.

She wasn't about to tell him that Mara had indeed replied her message about him regaining his memory and she had sent back a "Good, I am happy to hear that" before she went off the grid and not even her couldn't get hold of her.

It had been over a year and Lucien was beside himself with worry.

Lucien stared at his ringing phone in disgust before he noticed there wasn't a caller ID

"Hello" He muttered, waiting for some sort of response... there was none

"Mara, is that you?" He asked.

The line clicked against his ear; he immediately redialed the number but it said unavailable.

It had to be her, he thought to himself.

His phone rang again, interrupting his train of thought

"What?" He snapped

"Relax Cowboy"

"Arthur, I did not realize. What is the matter?" Lucien asked furrowing his eyebrow

"Your art exhibition will hold tonight. I have secured a space with Neon art gallery and all the necessary announcement has been made so should I be expecting you?"

"Of course, I will be there if I don't have any emergency"

"You always seem to have emergencies, you know. Your fans would like to see you and I hope you will make it this time around"

"I will be there, Arthur... quit bugging"

...

The gallery was crowded and Arthur was right because immediately he stepped out of the limousine that brought him to the event, he was barricaded against the onslaught of people screaming at the top of their lungs at him. It had been a long time since he was at these events...ever since Mara and he had to admit that he did not miss the noise and spotlight one bit.

Lucien was led through the crowd to take his seat in the VIP section while his work was put on display. He watched them walk around with awe on their faces as they perused the different works he had made during his spiral moment after he had regained his memories.

His eyes stopped on the portrait of Mara, the one they had recovered from the yacht after the shootout between himself and Alexander Russo.

This was the first time he was bringing the portrait out to the public and he was skeptical about having it there for people to see but if he was going to have any chances of finding Mara, he had to set a trap for her. He had thought about it on his way to the event.