35 | The Daydreams

Start from the beginning

I have yet to get used to that phrase. My God. The things this girl does to me with just her words.

"I'm Anastasia, I'm Aurora's mother," she says.

From a different standpoint she may look stuck up. No smile and no other type of emotion on her face. It could also be the botox.

"Is he shy?" Anastasia asks, noticing my lack of manners when it comes to continuing the conversation.

"No, he's mute. Sorry I should've mentioned that," Evangeline says sheepishly.

Anastasia fixes her composure and clears her throat. She finally plasters on a fake smile. "Should we sit together?"

"Of course," Evangeline says.

I follow Evangeline and we sit right in front of the stage. She continues to talk to Anastasia while I tune out the conversations going on around me. It wasn't until the lights finally dimmed low and the curtains were drawn back, that the voices died down and everything became silent.

A dancer moves swiftly towards the stage from the left side and the stagelight focuses on her. She starts moving her arms fluidly as she balances on one foot and then smoothly begins to twirl on that same foot like those porcelain ballerinas in a music box.

"Isn't she good?" I hear Evangeline whisper to Anastasia.

"She could be better," I hear Anastasia reply.

I continue to watch the dancer as she spins around on stage while the violins pick up the pace. When I take a closer look at the dancer, I realize that it's Aurora who's dancing.

Something must've been wrong with Anastasia's eyesight because I thought Aurora was doing a really good job compared to the other dancer who started immediately after.

Aurora kept her balance and did her routine flawlessly while the other dancer couldn't stay in her position.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

After the recital finished, Aurora finally came out and joined us outside in the hallway. Anastasia waited with us for a while before a phone call whisked her away.

"You did great out there," Evangeline says, embracing her and giving her the bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, I hope you guys didn't see the mistake I made on the final part. I was getting tired," Aurora chuckles as she takes my bouquet of flowers that I was handing to her. "Did my mom leave?" She furrows her brows when she sees that it's only the two of us. Her eyes scan through the crowd trying to find her mother.

"Uh, she had to take a phone call," Evangeline says, giving her a small smile.

"And my dad? Is he with her too?" She asks, a hopeful look in her eyes.

We both look at each other and shake our heads. "No, sorry. I think he's stuck with work." Evangeline rubs her friend's arm in a comforting way.

Aurora puts on a fake smile. "No worries. I'll just see him at home or something. I'm headed to a get together so I'll probably see him in the morning."

"Are you sure? Ambrose and I were going to head over to dinner if you wanted to come along," Evangeline says.

"No, you guys go ahead. I don't want to disrupt your date. I'll be fine," Aurora smiles.

I could tell it was bothering her. Not having her dad watching her recitals and her mom not bothering to congratulate her to tell her she did awesome on stage. It was her mom who made her dance in the first place.