AU: Bartender Pt3

u will need to use this photo as a reference later ;) (its rainbows abs) (also the artist is 'nuttysc0re' on tiktok)

also in this universe theyre BOTH like 25ish so yeah aj has a job and no school and dash after graduating UNI is tryna become a professional athlete, THEYRE BOITH 25 

---------------

"God this place is so loud, why are we even here again?" Rarity complained as she trudged alongside Applejack around the walkway of the stadium. The area was littered with empty cans and spilt drinks, many of the metal holders crushed underneath the stampeding sport fans chittering with excitement. While the teams playing eachother were all girl teams, there was still a fair mix of genders amongst the stands to Rarity's delight, muttering a "Maybe it's not too bad..." as AJ noticed she caught eyes with a blonde male their age. 

Over the past few days, Applejack and Rainbow had exchanged a few subtle texts throughout their bartending and athletic practice hours. The texts would mostly be flirtatious and lacking substance, the kind of interactions that could be seen through classic hookup culture, especially since AJ only really replied later in the night after her shifts ended. Their relationship was satisfactory to both, yet one was craving more emotion than the other acknowledged. While Rainbow was not at all arguing when AJ would send her a photo of her in the gym occasionally or after she'd taken a shower and her abs were damp, but their connection wasn't deepening as much as she hoped it would after the night they shared a few days ago. 

Having some minutes to spare before the game was scheduled to start, Rainbow somehow securing Rarity and AJ the two seats near the front row of the field, the pair went to get a drink to keep them occupied while watching, neither really favouring sports. After waiting in a line for a while and requesting the young adult for pass them two beers, taking one look at Rarity, the man generously said it was on the house. Batting her eyelashes in the most stereotypical way, it seemed to sway him further and he couldn't rip his eyes away even after they began to walk out. 

"Maybe I'll take you places with me more often if I get free stuff," AJ joked as she held her plastic cup up to cheers against the others before they both took a sip in unison. As they were surrounded by this alcohol almost all day long at work, it was a surprise they hadn't gotten sick of it's taste and smell yet. 

"So Applejack, darling, you said you'd tell me everything," Rarity reminded the girl as she reflected on the texts she had sent her the day before, being very brief in her request for Rarity to join the audience with her. 

As they walked over to the area where their seats should be, Section 4, Row B, Seats 5 and 6, AJ replied, "Well there isn't much to tell, we're at a game and you know fully well who's playing." Applejack and Rarity were close friends, however, most of the time they spent together outside of the bar, the other would be doing most of the talking, which AJ didn't mind at all since she enjoyed listening and not sharing her own life details. 

"I know that, but which girl are you here for? You've hit on all of them surely at this point," Rarity teased as she followed the girl down the creaky, bustling stairs, accidentally knocking the shoulder of another attractive male that tore away her attention for an instant. 

"Okay...Rainbow asked if I wanted to come watch this game after we..." 

"Oh my god!" Rarity exclaimed in response before the other could finish her sentence, knowing where it was going anyway. "You hooked up with her! Finally! You guys look so good together," she added as she raised her eyebrows, insinuating a certain chemistry AJ hadn't yet identified. 

An Inconvenient Attachment // Appledashजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें