chapter 68

hey gang sorry for not updating yesterday, had a sleepover. also turns out that sleepover has extended to tonight as well but this time we're at my house so im staying up to write this rq then imma sleep, it is 4:18am (publishing this at 5:20am) LMAO sorry that this is a shorter chapter, but we all know what its leading up to. there will be a longer one tmr night hopefully :) thank u !

--------------

With a heavy thunk on the floor, Applejack tossed her duffel to the side of her room, the bag landing next to the door. Previously after passing the girls family members and updating them on the antics of the trip, Apple Bloom listening intently and Granny Smith horrified at the repeated enchanting events, the two made their way up to AJ's room. With the familiar creak of wooden floor beneath them and the comforting scent of apple pie wafting up the staircase, they felt safer and more able to relax after the trip they'd had. 

"At this rate, Granny Smith won't let you out of the house ever again since we're always in danger," Rainbow joked, walking across the wide room and placing her bag on the hosts desk chair. Turning it's frame so it better faced her with a light scraping emission from the boards, she unzipped it and took out a few items she would need for their evening plans. 

"She's so protective of us yet would throw herself infront of danger any day for a feel of nostalgia or just some plain old fun," Applejack replied with a laugh following her comment as she walked over to her connected bathroom, Dash able to hear the sink water turning on as she presumed the girl was washing her hands. "Sound familiar?" She then heard come from the room with a backing track of soap to skin scrubbing. 

"Ha ha very funny..." Rainbow called out to her, taking the girls jab at her lack of awareness when it comes to identifying dangerous situations that she seems to keep placing herself in, magic related or not. She heard the sound of footsteps behind her as she simply noted the girl was probably just coming back out of the bathroom, hence continuing to unpack a few items. Wallet, a change of clothes, an eyeliner pencil. The two had planned last minute on the way over to Applejack's farm that they would run down to the closest open convenience store and pick up a few snacks to sneak past Granny Smith and into their room to busy their mouths and stomachs while watching a movie. An activity that may provide some form of winding down, something they miserably needed. 

Feeling a pair of tense arms wrap around her stomach area while she was making sure she still had her three most important payment cards, the interlocking arms were then followed by a heaviness on the girls back, Rainbow knowing the girl was leaning over. "Are we going to get ready to go?" Dash asked, clearly reading her girlfriend's clingy attempt to hug her to death. 

A muffled "Mhm," came from behind her, the sounds vibrating into her spine that the girls mouth was coincidentally pressed against. Smiling to herself, she looked over her shoulder to see the taller girl crouching down slightly to be nearer to her level, admiring how cute she looked when she wasn't walking timber. "If I'm going to change, you're going to need to let go of me," Rainbow reminded her, reaching out her left palm to grasp her sleeveless maroon top and shorts she had set out on the desk. 

Letting out a grunt in response, AJ unwillingly let go of her partner and sulked jokingly as Dash turned around to face her, one of her subconscious jokes sliding through her psyche. "Hey AJ, now when we change, we don't have to pretend we're not completing perving on each other anymore."

"Hey! I don't know about you but I respected your boundaries," Applejack argued, not really knowing why as she could've just admitted instead how badly she did want to eye the girl down. "And you basically just confessed that you've been perving on me before," she added slyly while smirking.