chapter 34

"Rare-...Rarity." Applejack mumbled through her half-opened eyes, her gaze settling on her face and the neurons in her mind coming upon an epiphany. 'No...Did I just kiss Rarity...' Were the last thoughts she could summon before she slipped away and everything faded to black. The loud conversation turned to a soft echo and she was out cold. 

The rising worry and misplaced trust was simmering, Dash holding out hope that Applejack's drunk choices wouldn't affect her sanity. That when the bottle landed on someone, she'd realise what she was doing and how it went against what she promised she wouldn't do, stand up, take Rainbow's hands and leave with her. But instead moments after another, the events unravelling were worse than Rainbow thought up in her variety of scenarios. 

They kissed, Applejack and Rarity kissed. She knows they had done it before obviously as it was the thing she was beginning to forgive the girl for, but as she watched it turn from what could be justified as an innocent peck into a makeout, Applejack not holding back, she felt as if a puppeteer was playing with her heart strings and managed to get them tangled. She felt as if her stomach had physically dropped to her lower body and an instant heaviness weighed upon her chest, the familiar feeling from last time settling in and taking back its habitat. Her body became tense and she couldn't pry her eyes away from the scene, feeling her eyes begin to water with every movement the two girls made to pull each other closer. She didn't know what was happening. She felt her heartbeat speed up, the sudden urgency to take smaller and quicker breathes. Fluttershy noticed the girl's reaction to watching their friends and instantly had concern plastered over her face for the girl reacting to what she thought she'd be supportive of, her only knowledge of the scenario being that Rarity and Applejack had kissed before and may be together soon. 

"Dashie, are you okay?" She said to the girl softly, touching her arm to alert her of the question. Fluttershy could see her emotions as if she read her mind as by experience she had a feeling what Rainbow suddenly heaved onto her. Dash did not respond to the girl's inquisition and just stared as others cheered them on as if its a thing to be supportive of. 

"She...betrayed me." Rainbow whispered low enough so that her friend could not hear yet took notice of her mouthing. 

"What did you say?" She tried to pry delicately, voice as sweet as she could make it to not pressure Rainbow or stress her out further. 

"It doesn't matter...I...I want to go home." Rainbow told her, voice lowering in volume as she ended the sentence. Fluttershy respected her wishes of not wanting to open up and hoped she could talk to Dash about it later, presuming it would help as she strongly cared about the girl. She nodded, "I'll go tell Twilight and Sunset okay? I think they are still sober." Dash agreed silently and walked backwards until her back touched the wall, providing temporary support while she stood there alone, but not as isolated as she felt inside. 

Fluttershy did not want to be amongst the rowdy teenagers any more than Rainbow enjoyed seeing her two friends make out, but for her, she would be willing to face her fears to help the girl she was closest to in the group. Moving slowly and peeking around small crowds of people, she caught sight of Sunset's firey hair and made her way over to them. They did not see her approaching at first, catching the end of their conversation, "Yeah I saw that too..." Twilight was saying before Fluttershy came around to face the two. 

"Oh hey Fluttershy, is everything okay?" Sunset asked, trying to read the girl's uncomfortable facial expression. 

"Um, I don't know, but Rainbow said she wants to go home." 

"But all of her stuff is at Pinkie's and Pinkie is the only one with the key to get back-" Sunset replied with inputted reasoning and critical thinking just as Rarity called out to the group of three. 

"Twilight! Sunset! Applejack fainted!" She called lowly yet aggressively trying to get them to come help her quickly without drawing attention. With new motives to help their friend, they walked over to the blacked-out girl and all aided in carrying her over to a nearby chair, getting a few looks from some people as they passed but trying to wave them away, taking the engagement off the overdosed girl. 

"I think she had too much to drink." Rarity said, brushing some loose strands of AJ's hair to the side caringly with some guilt as she was partially to blame, yet the thoughts of AJ's last words to her still lingering in her mind, caused a fast retraction of her arm. She had a lot of unanswered questions but now clearly was not the time. 

Sunset pressed a hand to the fainted girls head, feeling warmth and agreed with Fluttershy. "Maybe we should all go back to Pinkie's." 

"If we can pull her away from that circle." Twilight lightly joked trying to lighten the mood. 

"I'll go get Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy commented which the girls acknowledged as she made her way back to the girl. Yet to her dismay, the poor girl was surrounded by the Dazzlings and it seemed like they were forcing questions down her throat. A rare occasion of a rising rage grew in the small framed girl as she protectively pushed her way through Adagio and Sonata's arm barrier and grabbed Dash who still seemed to be breathing heavily, the Dazzlings possibly worsening it. As she pulled her away from the girls, she glared at them, a smirk being the only thing returned. Making their way back to the girls, they were waiting at the entrance and seemed to have had to drag Pinkie away from the action, the frizzy-haired girl wanting to stay longer but noting her priorities in her friends first. Without a thanks to the hosts, they left. 

It was enough chaos for one night.